Next question -- How to sign the application!?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SteveIP

Next question -- How to sign the application!?

Postby SteveIP » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:01 am

Almost ready to submit my first application or two. Next question -- how do you sign the darn things? Are you supposed to send in a signed paper version along with the electronic? Or does LSAC have you check some check boxes that say, in essence, "This is me," and they fill in an electronic signature for you?

northwood

Re: Next question -- How to sign the application!?

Postby northwood » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:05 am

if you do it online, then when you go to checkout, you will have to check a box that says that you are who and what you say you are. Once you click it, you cant change your application- so its the online version of signing it. If the school specifically wants you to sign the paper- there is a link called application instructions and it will tell you. Otherwise, that is how its signed. You do have to date the applicaiton though ( when you complete it- make sure its the date you electronically submit)

vanwinkle

Re: Next question -- How to sign the application!?

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:07 am

SteveIP wrote:Almost ready to submit my first application or two. Next question -- how do you sign the darn things? Are you supposed to send in a signed paper version along with the electronic? Or does LSAC have you check some check boxes that say, in essence, "This is me," and they fill in an electronic signature for you?

As the previous reply noted, as you go through the process of submitting your application, there will be a step that prompts you to check a box electronically signing your application. This will fully suffice for electronically-submitted apps. You will not have to sign and mail in anything.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”