For those who will be applying when Dec scores come in

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2011Law

For those who will be applying when Dec scores come in

Postby 2011Law » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:10 pm

For those of you who will be applying when the December scores come in, how much of your shit do you have together? I'm basically talking about recommendations and personal statements. I'll be asking for LORs next week, and hopefully have a good PS by the end of the month (so far have 200 words on it, but those words are pretty solid :D ).

luckyme

Re: For those who will be applying when Dec scores come in

Postby luckyme » Mon Nov 08, 2010 9:24 pm

2011Law wrote:For those of you who will be applying when the December scores come in, how much of your shit do you have together?

all of it

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:01 pm

2011Law wrote:For those of you who will be applying when the December scores come in, how much of your shit do you have together? I'm basically talking about recommendations and personal statements. I'll be asking for LORs next week, and hopefully have a good PS by the end of the month (so far have 200 words on it, but those words are pretty solid :D ).

Everything except PS which I will have done by the time our December scores come out (I swear, I will...)

etown989

Postby etown989 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:18 am

2011Law wrote:For those of you who will be applying when the December scores come in, how much of your shit do you have together? I'm basically talking about recommendations and personal statements. I'll be asking for LORs next week, and hopefully have a good PS by the end of the month (so far have 200 words on it, but those words are pretty solid :D ).

Why wait a week to ask for LORs? Are you sure that these professors will be on top of their shit b/c most are busy with that whole teaching classes thing

runningzigzag

Postby runningzigzag » Tue Nov 09, 2010 6:27 am

I think you should have asked in advance for LOR's...most Professor's are unreliable when it comes down to sending these in on time (especially right before the holidays). If I were you, I would have started requesting LOR's before this semester even began...but that's just me. I hope that you get them when you want them.

dlbuhr

Postby dlbuhr » Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:01 am

Everything

polichick

Postby polichick » Tue Nov 09, 2010 3:04 pm

I have pretty much everything done. 1 LOR already sent to LSAC the other one is being edited now. Working on PS and the rest of the supplementary essays in between LSAT studying. Since December is relatively late in the application process, makes sense to be ready to go as soon as your score comes in. Good Luck!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”