diversity statement?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
doubleL

diversity statement?

Postby doubleL » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:36 pm

Hey guys, I am a white female who underwent a serious medical emergency sophomore/junior year of college. Dropped my gpa from a 3.8 to a 3.6 (I know, not a huge drop, but still). I had a perforated stomach ulcer and was in the hospital for week and 1/2, had to see a nurse and missed a lot of classes, but still managed to do the work. Still maintained my high gpa and decided not to withdraw from all my classes that year and go home.

Diversity statement? Overcome almost death but still persevered? I was originally thinking about putting it in my personal statement, but now I have another, more positive, focus for a PS.

Thoughts?

s0ph1e2007

Re: diversity statement?

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

doubleL wrote:Hey guys, I am a white female who underwent a serious medical emergency sophomore/junior year of college. Dropped my gpa from a 3.8 to a 3.6 (I know, not a huge drop, but still). I had a perforated stomach ulcer and was in the hospital for week and 1/2, had to see a nurse and missed a lot of classes, but still managed to do the work. Still maintained my high gpa and decided not to withdraw from all my classes that year and go home.

Diversity statement? Overcome almost death but still persevered? I was originally thinking about putting it in my personal statement, but now I have another, more positive, focus for a PS.

Thoughts?

You could, but it's really not a DS. You'd be better served writing a longer, full page, GPA addendum. I had something like this, though not as bad, and wrote about it in a GPA addendum

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:46 pm

Personal statement or addendum.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:22 pm

definitely not a DS, not even close. PS/Addendum, yes. I'd say just GPA addendum it.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”