Academic Summary Report GPA %tile? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Arbiter213

Gold

Academic Summary Report GPA %tile?

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:22 pm

So on the academic summary report produced by LSAC, they give your GPA percentile for your school.

Is that for your cohort of law school applicants from your school, from your school over the years of law school applicants, or your actual rank within your college class? (I'm guess its not the last one since there's no way I supplied them with to know that).

ahduth

Gold

Re: Academic Summary Report GPA %tile?

Post by ahduth » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:26 pm

I think it's the first. People are reporting different numbers for the same school, so it's by application year looks like.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:30 pm

"The percent of graduates whose GPA was below yours for each of your schools. The people who make up this pool may have graduated during different time periods, but all were registered for the Credential Assembly Service during the three most recent years you were in attendance. There must be a minimum of 100 candidates in the LSAC database to produce this calculation."

https://os.lsac.org/Release/Share/Displ ... ANS&id=KEY

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:34 pm

im_blue wrote:"The percent of graduates whose GPA was below yours for each of your schools. The people who make up this pool may have graduated during different time periods, but all were registered for the Credential Assembly Service during the three most recent years you were in attendance. There must be a minimum of 100 candidates in the LSAC database to produce this calculation."

https://os.lsac.org/Release/Share/Displ ... ANS&id=KEY
Thanks- I knew I had read it before but couldn't remember where. I was sort of terrified, since my percentile rank in my actual class is WELL above what the summary report is showing. :/

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:40 pm

Yeah everyone's %ile will be lower on the LSAC summary report, since the pool is only law school applicants, which is stronger than the overall student body.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”