Current Address and Living Overseas

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
natural

Current Address and Living Overseas

Postby natural » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:08 am

I'm currently living and working overseas, and have been doing so for several years now. My resume and personal statement mention this obviously, but I have been listing my home in the U.S. as my current address on my applications (though none have been submitted yet) because I do not trust the mail system here and would prefer to have application decisions, etc., sent to that address. Does anyone know if this discrepancy will bother adcomms at all or if they somewhat expect it for applicants overseas?

Eugenie Danglars

Re: Current Address and Living Overseas

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:09 am

A lot of people use stateside addresses when they live abroad. It won't be a problem

motiontodismiss

Postby motiontodismiss » Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:16 am

I put my overseas address and phone on my resume but the address I have on file is stateside.

Henchman21

Postby Henchman21 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:25 am

I listed my overseas address on my application but I can't seem to fit my overseas phone number on the application!!!!
What do I do!? Do I go ahead and list my parents number because it is more convenient? or should I email them and inform them of my overseas phone number?

Xnegd

Postby Xnegd » Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:27 am

Henchman21 wrote:I listed my overseas address on my application but I can't seem to fit my overseas phone number on the application!!!!
What do I do!? Do I go ahead and list my parents number because it is more convenient? or should I email them and inform them of my overseas phone number?

Yea, this is exactly what I did (in the same boat).

Then, I just e-mailed the schools and told them as much giving my new address. A few schools were unable to put it in there system, so I gave them my mobile which they said they'd call if i got in.

Edit: Okay, it seas were were switched, I read wrong, but same thing applies - just e-mail them your update and give them your parent's number.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”