LOR Problem...Please help!

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
runningzigzag

LOR Problem...Please help!

Postby runningzigzag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:39 pm

How many LOR's do law schools really need? I've read anywhere between 2-4 letters. I currently have 2 already submitted and my 3rd is very questionable at this point...

Here is some background on me...I'm 10 years out of college and I also currently hold a professional license. My LOR that I'm missing is from my college professor that knew me well when I was an undergraduate student. He offered to write me a letter and has not submitted it for me. I'm thinking that he is just being forgetful about it (he does teach full-time). I've already reminded him twice about submitting it and I haven't seen it show up yet.

I really don't feel like asking him a 3rd time for the letter. I'm getting very annoyed at this point because it's not in yet. Can I get away with only having 2 letters? One LOR is from a practicing attorney and the other is from a medical doctor--both of whom know me well and I have a long-standing relationship with.

What do you all think? Should I say screw it and forget about my college professor's LOR and just move on? Are my 2 current LOR's good enough for admissions?
Last edited by runningzigzag on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:09 pm, edited 3 times in total.

313D313

Re: LOR Problem...Please help!

Postby 313D313 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:43 pm

I think you do not need the letter from your professor. I think most schools require 2. Plus you have been out of school for ten years so i do not know how much value they would place on it. People change a whole lot in ten years.

runningzigzag

Postby runningzigzag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:51 pm

I think you're right about that. I mean, what is he going to say about me? That I was a great student when I was in college...and that was 10 years ago. I really think that ADCOM's are probably looking for more professional relationships at this point in my life--being 32 and all...don't you agree?

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm

Forget all about this LoR. It is totally unnecessary.

runningzigzag

Postby runningzigzag » Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:08 pm

Thank you everyone for the replies...I'm going to forget his LOR and stick with the 2 LOR's I already have.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”