What does "COMPLETE" actually mean???? Thanks! Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
cz2209

New

What does "COMPLETE" actually mean???? Thanks!

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 8:46 am

So I have seen various definitions on the term “COMPLETE”, and really have no idea which one is the official and correct answer. For example, if the school states that you have to complete your application BY Nov. 15TH as to be considered an ED applicant, does it mean you have to send in all parts of your application electronically and postmark them if applying through mail, or that t you have to have received their email notifying your “completion” by Nov, 15th?

If the answer is the second one, does that mean even if the school has received all my application materials, as long as they have not compiled them together and updated my status from “processing” or “completion pending” to “completion”, I am still not considered as an ED applicant?

It has been troubling me for a long time, since my ED contract is still on its way to the school.

Thanks in advance!

cz2209

New

Re: What does "COMPLETE" actually mean???? Thanks!

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:44 am

any one out there who can help or have any info about this? really appreciate any help!

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:51 am

complete means that the school has all of the parts of your application

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:56 am

so that means as long as my mail gets there before Nov. 15, I am good, right?

Thanks a lot for your answer. Much relieved now~~~

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:01 pm

if you have mailed everything together ( application, fees, essays) and have your transcripts and LORs sent there from your schools and writers, then it should be there ( LORs and transcripts take about a week or 2 to get there)

if you used your account on LSAC, then you have no worries. Most schools have it set up where they get all applicants info one day a week, or every other week. Your application is sent there directly- thats how they know to get your information. As long as you turned in your application from LSAC, within a week or 2 everuthing will be there.

you dont have anything to worry about. Just relax, and try not to dwell on your application. as soon as you electronically sent it in, or put it in the mailbox, its out of your control and up to the admissions team.

best of luck

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:20 pm

thanks a lot! really detailed answers.

I have submitted my application on Nov,3rd. And the law school has received my report and everything else the next day. My status is now "completion pending", since I am an ED applicant and the law school requires the contract to be physical mailed in there. Previously I was worrying that the contract might not be able to arrive in time so that my status can be shown as "complete". After seeing your reply, I know I don't have to worry about it since I am sure the contract will have been sent in by 15th.

Thanks again. You made me feel much better :)

northwood

Platinum

Post by northwood » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:22 pm

your welcome. Best of luck. dont worry about your status being updated.

keep us posted as to how it all shakes out!

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 12:28 pm

definitely!

AreJay711

Gold

Post by AreJay711 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:04 pm

Woah something I just found out. I'm complete everywhere I applied but had no idea. They sent my acceptances to my secondary email that I gave to them as an alternate because I'm not 100% how long my undergrad email will work after graduation (I thought I had forwarding on but I guess not). Make sure you check that if you gave them an alternate.

cz2209

New

Post by cz2209 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 1:26 pm

AreJay711 wrote:Woah something I just found out. I'm complete everywhere I applied but had no idea. They sent my acceptances to my secondary email that I gave to them as an alternate because I'm not 100% how long my undergrad email will work after graduation (I thought I had forwarding on but I guess not). Make sure you check that if you gave them an alternate.

are you applying this cycle or that is what happened to you last cycle? so you did not receive the "complete" letters from the schools you were applying to?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”