How to fill in "Applicant's Signature" Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SexyNerdd

New

How to fill in "Applicant's Signature"

Post by SexyNerdd » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:32 am

Hey what do you guys do with some of the applications or supplemental forms that require you to fill in your signature if it is to be electronically submitted? I thought about simply typing my name in. but then I saw some forms that have spaces for both Applicant's Name and Applicant's Signature. Help I'm confused!

calilaw

Bronze

Re: How to fill in "Applicant's Signature"

Post by calilaw » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 am

I think the act of submitting the form electronically qualifies as your signature. I just submitted one today that didn't even have a signature line - it just said "submit this electronically" at the bottom. I think some have the line so you have the option of printing it out and physically mailing it. If there is space to type in your name, then do so. That's my best guess, and what I've been doing.
Last edited by calilaw on Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:36 am

SexyNerdd wrote:Hey what do you guys do with some of the applications or supplemental forms that require you to fill in your signature if it is to be electronically submitted? I thought about simply typing my name in. but then I saw some forms that have spaces for both Applicant's Name and Applicant's Signature. Help I'm confused!
Usually, you can't actually type in these boxes. If you can, just type your name. Usually the date is required too. When you submit the app, you'll have to read and check a certification box that serves as your electronic signature. Don't worry if you can't "sign" your name on the actual app.

vanwinkle

Platinum

Post by vanwinkle » Sun Nov 07, 2010 2:54 am

Eugenie Danglars wrote:Usually, you can't actually type in these boxes. If you can, just type your name. Usually the date is required too. When you submit the app, you'll have to read and check a certification box that serves as your electronic signature. Don't worry if you can't "sign" your name on the actual app.
TITCR.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”