fee waivers BEFORE application?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sangr

fee waivers BEFORE application?

Postby sangr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:31 pm

if e-mailing or contacting admissions do you simply ask BEFORE starting the app?

and if this has been asnwered..sorry i looked thru at least 20 threads in the search and none of them specifically answered this.

how does the process work?

you email before you make an app..(then if) they say yes....and then what happens?

im speaking of merit-based that you request for by email or phone

cortnf

Re: fee waivers BEFORE application?

Postby cortnf » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:36 pm

I started all my apps before I emailed to ask for them. I got waivers from almost all the schools I asked for them from.

sangr

Postby sangr » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:37 pm

so how does it work then? do they refund the cost ?

Postby 2014 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:45 pm

You ask for fee waivers before you submit, whether or not you have started the application is irrelevant. Once you submit and pay the fee you are out of luck with 95% of schools, even if they later grant you a fee waiver they won't go back and refund you.

I requested a number last week from schools who I have not even opened their app and got several back.

mst

Postby mst » Sun Nov 07, 2010 5:17 am

2014 wrote:You ask for fee waivers before you submit, whether or not you have started the application is irrelevant. Once you submit and pay the fee you are out of luck with 95% of schools, even if they later grant you a fee waiver they won't go back and refund you.

I requested a number last week from schools who I have not even opened their app and got several back.

This is the answer. And I believe somebody mentioned there being a couple of schools out there willing to refund you but I don't remember how old that was, nor which schools.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”