Best time to apply to Wash U [and other peer schools]?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dr. Strangelove

Best time to apply to Wash U [and other peer schools]?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:03 pm

ASAP or after receiving December LSAT score? [Of course, assuming improvement from June's LSAT]

Re: Best time to apply to Wash U [and other peer schools]?

Postby 2014 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:07 pm

After, if you are 3.0-165 you risk an early decline. You could apply now and ask them to hold you just so you are one of the first ones complete after December though.

cubswin

Postby cubswin » Sat Nov 06, 2010 2:24 pm

Most applications (which, if I recall correctly, includes WashU's) have a space on the application asking what LSAT administrations you have taken, and whether or not you are signed up for another one. If they see that you are signed up to take the December LSAT, most schools have a policy not to review your application until after receiving your next LSAT score. Applying now, it seems, would allow your application to go complete sooner than submitting it after receiving your score.

If there is evidence of someone applying while signed up for a future LSAT and getting rejected before taking it, I would like to see it. It just seems contrary to all the policies I have seen.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Sat Nov 06, 2010 5:47 pm

apply now. Make sure they know you are taking Dec and to hold REVIEW until that score comes in, but by all means submit your app soon. This gets it all together and avoids the rush where it might take days to fix errors.

bjc314

Postby bjc314 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:06 pm

I actually just spoke with the asst. dean of admissions at WUSTL last week. She said at this point they are only admitting people who are above or well above the medians, and that people who are slightly below won't be reviewed until January anyways. She also said that if you're retaking the LSAT in December they will hold your application until January and they will only count the highest score. So I don't think it could hurt to submit your application now.

Also, I see you went to Duke. She said the rigor of your UG school/major is big factor as well.

Hope this helps.

ATR

Postby ATR » Sat Nov 06, 2010 8:44 pm

bjc314 wrote:I actually just spoke with the asst. dean of admissions at WUSTL last week. She said at this point they are only admitting people who are above or well above the medians, and that people who are slightly below won't be reviewed until January anyways. She also said that if you're retaking the LSAT in December they will hold your application until January and they will only count the highest score. So I don't think it could hurt to submit your application now.

Also, I see you went to Duke. She said the rigor of your UG school/major is big factor as well.

Hope this helps.

This is credited. I sent an email to WashU concerning holding my application until my December score is released (retake from October). Here is the response I received: "That would be fine. Just alert us via email when your December LSAT score comes out."

justadude55

Postby justadude55 » Sun Nov 28, 2010 8:37 pm

does this hold true for splitters?

SilverE2

Postby SilverE2 » Mon Nov 29, 2010 12:49 am

bjc314 wrote:I actually just spoke with the asst. dean of admissions at WUSTL last week. She said at this point they are only admitting people who are above or well above the medians, and that people who are slightly below won't be reviewed until January anyways. She also said that if you're retaking the LSAT in December they will hold your application until January and they will only count the highest score. So I don't think it could hurt to submit your application now.

Hope this helps.

Um, I wouldn't count on this. I was accepted at Wash U (not that I'm complaining) and I'm scheduled for a retake in December.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”