Diversity Statements

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
neonx

Diversity Statements

Postby neonx » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:09 pm

Hi guys,

What's the concensus of attaching a diversity statement to those schools that don't specifically ask for one?

My DS highlights a key aspect of my background that is not discussed anywhere else in the application.

ajcollege

Re: Diversity Statements

Postby ajcollege » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:15 pm

What's the concensus of attaching a diversity statement to those schools that don't specifically ask for one?

Because admission committees love it when people choose not to follow directions.

vanwinkle

Re: Diversity Statements

Postby vanwinkle » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:17 pm

neonx wrote:Hi guys,

My DS highlights a key aspect of my background that is not discussed anywhere else in the application.

Most schools don't specifically ask for one, but will say something along the lines of "if you have additional information which you feel is relevant to your application and would like to be considered, you may submit it as an additional attachment." A DS would fit under this. Also, it's important to discuss your diversity if you're looking for a diversity boost, so it makes sense to include one.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”