Being out of the country in the spring: a problem?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
TheTallOne0602

Being out of the country in the spring: a problem?

Postby TheTallOne0602 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 7:11 pm

There is a strong possibility I will be in London for the Spring. Could this be an issue? I have already sent in all of my applications except for Yale, and am wondering if there is any reason I need to be in the U.S. during the Spring.

ilovemulch

Re: Being out of the country in the spring: a problem?

Postby ilovemulch » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:03 pm

I'm curious about this too! I'm most likely going to be out of country Feb-July...the only major downside I can see is not being able to visit schools you get into to make a decision between them and also not easily/cheaply calling admissions/fin aid offices. As long as you have email access (most correspondence seems to be through email anyways and I'm pretty sure you can submit LOCIs, if waitlisted, via email). As far as deposits, do you have relatives in the States that can mail in for you, etc?

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:04 pm

I think you would be fine as long as you had a relative or friend who is reliable and you would trust to read snail mailed correspondence from schools. And yeah, you would miss out on the chance to visit schools if you didn't do it before you left. Most decision deadlines are in Spring.
Last edited by Knock on Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TheTallOne0602

Postby TheTallOne0602 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:06 pm

Yeah I have family who can get all the correspondance and mail things, so that won't be a problem. I was wondering if there would be anything else I didn't know about.

Knock

Postby Knock » Fri Nov 05, 2010 11:08 pm

TheTallOne0602 wrote:Yeah I have family who can get all the correspondance and mail things, so that won't be a problem. I was wondering if there would be anything else I didn't know about.

I don't think so. I don't think this is too uncommon at all.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”