When is it considered a late application

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
brettfavre4

When is it considered a late application

Postby brettfavre4 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:16 pm

I just got all my information submitted and registered by LSAC. I am going to attempt to apply as soon as possible but I am wondering when submissions are considered to be "late" submissions. Is mid-november still "early" as far as applying goes??

northwood

Re: When is it considered a late application

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:17 pm

before thanksgiving- early.

before new years and christmas- on time

january- depends on the school( and when they stop accepting applications), but you are beginning to be on the late side, especially after mid jan

feb- late

Burgstaller04

Postby Burgstaller04 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:23 pm

For BrettFavre, an app is never late. You can always wait for a law school to send some reps down to Mississippi with a trunk of cash. You'll get in.....then fail.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:30 pm

Pless wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:What would you consider an early/on time/late application?

Thanks in advance.

Early is any time before 10/31. On time is by the end of the year. Late(ish) is after January 1.

That's what the dean of Illinois said.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:31 pm

Burgstaller04 wrote:For BrettFavre, an app is never late. You can always wait for a law school to send some reps down to Mississippi with a trunk of cash. You'll get in.....then fail.

This is so true. Brett Favre can sit around all summer, but decide during the second week of classes that he wants to go to law school. All he has to do is text the dean to pick him up at the airport and... BAM! He's in your Torts class. It's worth noting that he will do this in his 0L, 1L, and 2L summers.

But seriously OP, a lot of schools will send out their first wave of acceptances in December. So ideally you want your app complete in the next few weeks.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:33 pm

The Gentleman wrote:
Burgstaller04 wrote:For BrettFavre, an app is never late. You can always wait for a law school to send some reps down to Mississippi with a trunk of cash. You'll get in.....then fail.

This is so true. Brett Favre can sit around all summer, but decide during the second week of classes that he wants to go to law school. All he has to do is text the dean to pick him up at the airport and... BAM! He's in your Torts class. It's worth noting that he will do this in his 0L, 1L, and 2L summers.

But seriously OP, a lot of schools will send out their first wave of acceptances in December. So ideally you want your app complete in the next few weeks.

The dean better pick him up in a limousine.

The Gentleman

Postby The Gentleman » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:40 pm

whymeohgodno wrote:The dean better pick him up in a limousine.

Absolutely. And then the dean will trade next year's entire scholarship fund for one of Harvard's top gunners (Randy Moss cough, cough) but suspend him five weeks into the semester for making overly critical comments in class. U of Tennessee will grab this gunner of the waiver wire and make a strong push into the T50. Meanwhile, Minnesota will crash and burn out of the T100.

trudat15

Postby trudat15 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 6:47 pm

The Gentleman wrote:
whymeohgodno wrote:The dean better pick him up in a limousine.

Absolutely. And then the dean will trade next year's entire scholarship fund for one of Harvard's top gunners (Randy Moss cough, cough) but suspend him five weeks into the semester for making overly critical comments in class. U of Tennessee will grab this gunner of the waiver wire and make a strong push into the T50. Meanwhile, Minnesota will crash and burn out of the T100.

I think it's more like one of Columbia's gunners. Though a gunner nonetheless

traehekat

Postby traehekat » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:22 am

I believe most schools get more than half of their applications after January, so you can take that for what it's worth. Generally, any time before December is still pretty early.You really just want your application in before the big influx of applications after the December LSAT.

brettfavre4

Postby brettfavre4 » Sun Nov 07, 2010 7:05 pm

So probably better to wait a couple of weeks and perfect my PS than to apply now with an average one???

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”