Grad School Transcript Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yggun

New

Grad School Transcript

Post by yggun » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:44 pm

I had enrolled as a Master's student for about 3 weeks last fall and then dropped out to work. I dropped all my classes (2 grad level class, 1 undergrad class) before the university's deadline for dropping courses without record, so it was literally dropping, not withdrawing classes. I contacted the university's office of registrar and was told that because I withdrew from the university at such an early point in the semester, there is no transcript available for me.

- Do I still need to indicate that I attended this grad school on my application? I was wondering because I thought if I do indicate this, I would need to submit a transcript but the university have no transcript for me.

Thank you for your time.

MdmMoisel

New

Re: Grad School Transcript

Post by MdmMoisel » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:44 pm

The university probably doesn't have any records of your enrollment. Ask the registrar.

im_blue

Gold

Post by im_blue » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:57 pm

Since you dropped all your classes, there's no transcript for you to send in.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:48 pm

im_blue wrote:Since you dropped all your classes, there's no transcript for you to send in.
Since OP enrolled, there will be a record for registering, then dropping the courses. It's not UG, but LSAC instruction asks all transcripts to be sent in from every school you have enrolled in even if no grades were earned.

I would guess ... what if you have no transcript at said university but you have a disciplinary record/hold/financial obligations? I expect schools to want to know.

r6_philly

Diamond

Post by r6_philly » Wed Nov 10, 2010 1:51 pm

I want to add:

As soon as you register and enroll in classes, you are reported to the national student clearing house - because I got automatic deferment to my student loans without me doing anything in Sept this year. I could have dropped the classes after then and end up in your situation, but my enrollment would have been reported to the clearing house already, so there is a record of you being a degree student at that grad school.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”