Institutions Attended - Actually Attended? Received Credit?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
calilaw

Institutions Attended - Actually Attended? Received Credit?

Postby calilaw » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:07 pm

While in high school I earned some credit at a local university. The units were earned by taking a class at my high school (which conformed with the university's standards). It was only 4 units, but I had a transcript from the university sent to LSAC because those units show up on my UG transcript and I thought I should be as thorough as possible.

On applications, should I put the university down as an institution I attended? I don't want to be misleading - someone might see it and think I actaully attended the school, and then transferred to my UG or something.

rinkrat19

Re: Institutions Attended - Actually Attended? Received Credit?

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:23 pm

I was in exactly the same situation, except I tried to transfer the credits to my UG when I enrolled. They didn't transfer since my UG didn't offer anything equivalent, but they show up on my UG transcript as non-transferrable credits from [Comm. College]. So LSAC threw up a big red flag and said I had a missing transcript from an institution I had attended (without ever having set foot on the campus) and I had to have the transcript sent in.

On the apps, I would mention any institution that would have any record whatsoever of your existence, just to be on the safe side. They can see from your transcript that it was just a couple of credits. I wouldn't put it on your resume. (Or at least I didn't bother.)

capitalacq

Re: Institutions Attended - Actually Attended? Received Credit?

Postby capitalacq » Sat Nov 06, 2010 1:31 am

calilaw wrote:While in high school I earned some credit at a local university. The units were earned by taking a class at my high school (which conformed with the university's standards). It was only 4 units, but I had a transcript from the university sent to LSAC because those units show up on my UG transcript and I thought I should be as thorough as possible.

On applications, should I put the university down as an institution I attended? I don't want to be misleading - someone might see it and think I actaully attended the school, and then transferred to my UG or something.

just include it. if they ask for when you attended, just mention "high school". it wont matter

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”