who should i choose for a lor for notre dame? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
lolol10

Bronze

who should i choose for a lor for notre dame?

Post by lolol10 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:01 pm

i go to ND ug and ND law is my dream school! there is one professor that i took two classes with who is an eminent figure in political philosophy concerning human rights and related IL. i did very well in his classes and he expressed a willingness to write me a lor. he said it will take him 4 weeks to write a good one however as there are other people who asked him to write lors as well. the only thing is i want to get my app off soon even though im retaking the lsat in dec i want ND to have my app on file so im up there on the hold list when my score is released. i feel it would be a huge asset to have a lor from this guy. is it worth the wait?

another person i was going to ask is my rector when i lived on campus. i worked on hall staff my senior year and we are pretty close. he's a pretty well known figure for his job on campus. he'll likely be president of the university in the next 10 years. also, i was thinking of submitting a third lor from my current boss in the undergraduate admissions dept. i have worked on developing a few innovative processes that have streamlined admissions which has granted me great praise from my boss and other admissions admin. i am only a part time this semester taking a few classes and working mostly. would it be disadvantageous to only have one professor writing my a lor? i felt that having more "work" related lor's would be more current and revealing as opposed to some professor i took years ago.

anyway what are you thoughts? who should i go through with/not go through with?
Last edited by lolol10 on Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

lolol10

Bronze

Re: who should i choose for a lor for notre dame?

Post by lolol10 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 3:11 pm

bumpaty bump

lolol10

Bronze

Re: who should i choose for a lor for notre dame?

Post by lolol10 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 4:48 pm

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”