Wait For Grad School Transcript?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Overboostin

Wait For Grad School Transcript?

Postby Overboostin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:42 pm

I have taken the Oct LSAT and I have everything pretty much ready for my applications to be sent out. However, I am in my first semester of an accelerated MBA program, so do you think I should wait until mid-December when I can send the transcript for the semester out with my applications? Or would it be more beneficial to just get them out as soon as possible? My MBA GPA is going to be much higher then my UGPA, so I would like to make sure they see it...Thanks

ahduth

Re: Wait For Grad School Transcript?

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:43 pm

Overboostin wrote:I would like to make sure they see it.

I think you answered your own question here.

Overboostin

Postby Overboostin » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:05 pm

ahduth wrote:
I think you answered your own question here.

Will they still receive it/take notice of it when it gets sent out, even if they have already gotten my application several weeks prior to that?

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:14 pm

you have to have your transcripts from every institution you are attending. So you will have to send them your transcripts from the fall semester, and again after the spring semester if you stay in school this year.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:57 pm

I would just apply now. I don't know what tier of schools you're applying to, but schools are going to have a lot more seats spoken for by mid-December than they do right now. And your UGPA is going to count more heavily no matter what.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:38 pm

I had my grad transcript sent even though I have no grades yet. Harvard said they want to see what classes I was registered in. Since they don't summarize grad grades, they will have to look at the transcript if they are interested. Maybe it won't help everyone but if you are doing your MBA at a good school that may give you a little bit of positives.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”