BU & BC scholarship comparison? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
goodcharles

New

BU & BC scholarship comparison?

Post by goodcharles » Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:01 pm

I got a fee waiver from BU, so I'm definitely applying there. BC didn't give me one. I'm wondering if I should bother applying to BC. I'm already applying to a number of schools in T20-T30 range for safeties, so I won't have a problem not getting into any even without applying to BC. But I hear from some people that BU is likely to raise my scholarship if BC offers a higher figure. Should I bother applying to BC to see if they offer me a higher figure? Or, is it possible that BU will up scholarship offers if schools OTHER THAN BC (say... Illinois or GW) offer me higher figures?

Thanks!

goodcharles

New

Re: BU & BC scholarship comparison?

Post by goodcharles » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:47 pm

bump!

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:57 pm

Can't hurt to apply to both. Just from personal experience, BU offered me a very hefty scholarship, while BC offered me nothing. Not entirely sure why that was. I think BU is more generous with scholarships in general. And if you have a basis for negotiating more, they seem to be willing to listen. They really want to get the best students they can, so I think thats what makes them willing to up certain offers if the situation calls for it.

dakatz

Gold

Post by dakatz » Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:01 pm

Oh, and if your stats are 166/3.84, neither BU or BC is a safety for you. They are solid target schools. Make sure you understand your school range before you applying thinking your chances are better than they actually are. Your target range are the 20-30 schools. Anything above that is very iffy and would certainly be reaches.

maine08080

New

Post by maine08080 » Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:59 pm

Based what I have seen from LSN, BC's max scholarship offer is $90k, but BU is slighly more generous and willing to go into six figures. You need some sick numbers though. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Seeing that your numbers are more target, don't count on scholarship money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”