RTK Scholarship at NYU?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
CapHillLove

RTK Scholarship at NYU?

Postby CapHillLove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:24 pm

I was an idiot and just realized that the RTK scholarship requires an additional essay and recommendation. I have the numbers and genuine commitment to public service that is necessary to be considered, but I was really hoping to get my NYU app in asap. I can definitely write the additional essay and find the additional recommender, but it may take a while.

Does anyone know if NYU accepts materials for RTK after you have already submitted your application as long as it is before the Jan. 1 deadline?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I checked the NYU website and it seems to imply that everything should be submitted together, but I was hoping there might be some leeway.

arism87

Re: RTK Scholarship at NYU?

Postby arism87 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:28 pm

CapHillLove wrote:I was an idiot and just realized that the RTK scholarship requires an additional essay and recommendation. I have the numbers and genuine commitment to public service that is necessary to be considered, but I was really hoping to get my NYU app in asap. I can definitely write the additional essay and find the additional recommender, but it may take a while.

Does anyone know if NYU accepts materials for RTK after you have already submitted your application as long as it is before the Jan. 1 deadline?

Sorry if this has been answered elsewhere. I checked the NYU website and it seems to imply that everything should be submitted together, but I was hoping there might be some leeway.

also curious- when I submitted I included the essays, etc but the extra LOR isn't in yet.. problem?

Renzo

Postby Renzo » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:32 pm

CapHillLove wrote:I was an idiot and just realized that the RTK scholarship requires an additional essay and recommendation. I have the numbers and genuine commitment to public service that is necessary to be considered, but I was really hoping to get my NYU app in asap. I can definitely write the additional essay and find the additional recommender, but it may take a while.

Yes, as long as you meet the deadline, you can submit separately.

BUT, if I recall, you were supposed to indicate on your app which (if any) scholarships you were supposed to apply for. If you didn't so indicate, I'd call them ASAP and let them know you intend to apply.

CapHillLove

Postby CapHillLove » Wed Nov 03, 2010 9:45 pm

Renzo wrote:

Yes, as long as you meet the deadline, you can submit separately.

BUT, if I recall, you were supposed to indicate on your app which (if any) scholarships you were supposed to apply for. If you didn't so indicate, I'd call them ASAP and let them know you intend to apply.

Awesome. Thank you.

Yeah, I checked that box on the app (haven't submitted yet). I'll probably call to give them a heads up that the rest is on the way, but I really want to make sure that I have my app in by this weekend, so this is great to hear.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”