Michigan ED questions- One silly, one legit

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
treeborn

Michigan ED questions- One silly, one legit

Postby treeborn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:15 am

Silly question:

In my application, I checked the ED box on page 2, and signed the statement on the last page. My question is: On the LSAC site, under my active applications, it says University of Michigan: Fall 2011. Was there an option to select the ED option when opening the application? Or am I just being a bit crazy?

If there was that option, is it sufficient for me to sign the ED form and check the box, even though it says Fall 2011 on LSAC? Also, if there was that option and checking and signing the ED contract is not sufficient, how do I go about getting on the ED track?

Legit Question:

If EDing, how important is it to write 1/2 of the optional essays? If so, which one(s) would be the most helpful?

Since I have an LSAT score on the way low end of their spectrum (163) would it be effective to write why that score isn't going to be a predictor of my success?

Also, I'm fairly certain, if I write that essay, that I shouldn't include that I was PT averaging at 173, cause how likely are they to believe me/ think it's a copout, etc?

Thanks for reading, I appreciate any input.

whymeohgodno

Re: Michigan ED questions- One silly, one legit

Postby whymeohgodno » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:17 am

I don't know about the first question but your 2nd question is a no. Don't write an addendum and don't mention practice tests...lol.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:26 am

practice tests dont mean anything. The only score that counts is the one you got from pt 61. If you bring that up, you are most likely going to hurt your application.

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:27 am

I applied ED on the first, checked the box on the app and it worked fine

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:13 pm

northwood wrote:practice tests dont mean anything. The only score that counts is the one you got from pt 61. If you bring that up, you are most likely going to hurt your application.

Yeah, I realize that. Thanks!

ziggie wrote:I applied ED on the first, checked the box on the app and it worked fine

So you had "Fall 2011" in your LSAC Michigan app?

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:16 pm

Last edited by ziggie on Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:23 pm

ziggie wrote:
treeborn wrote:
northwood wrote:practice tests dont mean anything. The only score that counts is the one you got from pt 61. If you bring that up, you are most likely going to hurt your application.

ziggie wrote:I applied ED on the first, checked the box on the app and it worked fine

Yep, on my confirmation email it said Fall - Summer 2011. If I were you I'd send the app in asap though, they want it to be complete by the 15th, so they recommend that you send it in by the 1st!

I'll try my best. I still need 1 LOR to be faxed in. Hopefully there won't be much delay. :/

ziggie

Postby ziggie » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:25 pm

treeborn wrote:
ziggie wrote:
treeborn wrote:

Yep, on my confirmation email it said Fall - Summer 2011. If I were you I'd send the app in asap though, they want it to be complete by the 15th, so they recommend that you send it in by the 1st!

I'll try my best. I still need 1 LOR to be faxed in. Hopefully there won't be much delay. :/

I would send it in as soon as you are done and hope that the letter comes in on time. My professor faxed a letter in and it was on LSAC the next day, good luck. We have similar numbers, are you URM?

s0ph1e2007

Postby s0ph1e2007 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:28 pm

email the admissions office
they're happy to receive these questions.
and very helpful/quick in responding.

just kidding, call and ask first before emailing

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:32 pm

ziggie wrote: I would send it in as soon as you are done and hope that the letter comes in on time. My professor faxed a letter in and it was on LSAC the next day, good luck. We have similar numbers, are you URM?

I suppose I should. Would they wait until the last letter is in to review my application? This last LOR is going to be my strongest, so I don't want to take any chances of not having it in my file. I'm going to talk to the professor today, and hopefully she can fax it by tomorrow. If I submit by the end of this week, (Friday/Sat) that's still over a week until the 15. I figure, it can't take over a week to go complete once all the components are ready. (I hope)

I'm not URM, so I'm crossing my fingers big time that they like my GPA, PS, LOR and Why Michigan letter.
Last edited by treeborn on Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

treeborn

Postby treeborn » Wed Nov 03, 2010 2:35 pm

s0ph1e2007 wrote:email the admissions office
they're happy to receive these questions.
and very helpful/quick in responding.

just kidding, call and ask first before emailing

Thanks for the advice, but I suppose I was logged off on LSAC, and had to re-sign in on my Michigan application, and saw they only had one box, and it says "Fall-Summer 2011".

So I've answered my own question. haha

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”