Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
gbpackerbacker
Posts: 634
Joined: Sun May 17, 2009 12:13 am

Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby gbpackerbacker » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:18 pm

Part of me is freaking out because I probably will not have most of my apps in until between Thursday and Sunday night. Do you think that will hinder my chances at any of my schools (top 20) for acceptance or scholarship?

I just feel like now that fee waivers are being sent out and such, I am under a lot of pressure.

gerbal
Posts: 84
Joined: Sun May 30, 2010 12:42 am

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby gerbal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:22 pm

I thought it was considered early until thanksgiving...I don't plan to have an of my apps out before thanksgiving...

User avatar
CapHillLove
Posts: 129
Joined: Mon Jul 26, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby CapHillLove » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:31 pm

.
Last edited by CapHillLove on Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
plenipotentiary
Posts: 616
Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:13 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby plenipotentiary » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:34 pm

You're doomed.

(No, you're fine.)

User avatar
GeePee
Posts: 1273
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 7:35 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby GeePee » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:35 pm

OP- lol.

2nd poster- thank you for staying rational.

3rd poster- yes.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:36 pm

CapHillLove wrote:I'm getting really nervous about this too.... Is it just TLS making me irrational?


Yes. You should only be nervous if you're trying to meet an ED deadline.

whymeohgodno
Posts: 2508
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:15 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:42 pm

Won't have apps in till maybe early...probably mid december. FML.

Aggiegrad2011
Posts: 1514
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:53 pm

TLS really isn't an accurate gauge.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby ahduth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:57 pm

plenipotentiary wrote:You're doomed.


This. By Thursday about 90% of the seats at top 20 schools will have been filled. The remaining 10% will be going to people who scored above 178 on the LSAT, and had to file late because they were finishing up work on the new anti-cancer drug they were inventing, and things of that nature.

User avatar
jtemp320
Posts: 481
Joined: Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:27 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:01 pm

ahduth wrote:
plenipotentiary wrote:You're doomed.


This. By Thursday about 90% of the seats at top 20 schools will have been filled. The remaining 10% will be going to people who scored above 178 on the LSAT, and had to file late because they were finishing up work on the new anti-cancer drug they were inventing, and things of that nature.


I almost believed you were serious until the anti-cancer drug thing...

I'm in the same boat - trying to remain calm and get my apps in this week and next week - lets all take a deep breath

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby 2014 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:02 pm

ahduth wrote:
plenipotentiary wrote:You're doomed.


This. By Thursday about 90% of the seats at top 20 schools will have been filled. The remaining 10% will be going to people who scored above 178 on the LSAT, and had to file late because they were finishing up work on the new anti-cancer drug they were inventing, and things of that nature.

Don't forget the Rhodes scholar interviewees who turn down the opportunity in order to go to law school next year. Those will be incoming at some point too.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:03 pm

I'm getting them in tonight. All excpet Yale, which still needs a 250 to go with it. (One has to dream right?)

Jen Loblaw
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Oct 13, 2010 10:45 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby Jen Loblaw » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:37 pm

I'm so glad I'm not alone in feeling like this

User avatar
hellojd
Posts: 411
Joined: Wed Jan 13, 2010 1:29 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby hellojd » Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:33 am

you're late you're late for a very important date

*runs down law school rabbit hole*

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby annie2010 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 10:49 am

beachbum wrote:
CapHillLove wrote:I'm getting really nervous about this too.... Is it just TLS making me irrational?


Yes. You should only be nervous if you're trying to meet an ED deadline.


Why do you have to be nervous if you are trying to make an ED deadline? How far ahead of time do you have to submit for your app to be complete by the 15th?

All my letters and transcripts are in, I'm just still working on my PS....now I'm nervous.

User avatar
ahduth
Posts: 2468
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 10:55 am

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby ahduth » Wed Nov 03, 2010 11:38 am

annie2010 wrote:Why do you have to be nervous [edited for clarity]


Because if you're not nervous, you're not getting the full law school experience. This is part of what you're paying for.

annie2010 wrote:....now I'm nervous.


Good... now we're doing it right.

I'm only now becoming nervous because I truly only turned on this computer to cheat and look up where to find the endurance Bobblehead in Fallout 3. And now I'm checking TLS. WTF is wrong with me...

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby annie2010 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:34 pm

ahduth wrote:
annie2010 wrote:Why do you have to be nervous [edited for clarity]


Because if you're not nervous, you're not getting the full law school experience. This is part of what you're paying for.

annie2010 wrote:....now I'm nervous.


Good... now we're doing it right.

I'm only now becoming nervous because I truly only turned on this computer to cheat and look up where to find the endurance Bobblehead in Fallout 3. And now I'm checking TLS. WTF is wrong with me...


K so WTF is wrong with me that I'm cool with paying to be nervous for the next 3 years? AHh I gotta stop checking TLS in the meantime so I can savor my last months of nervous free life.


buttttt really, how far ahead of time should you submit your application before the due date so that it has time to be complete?

sperry
Posts: 137
Joined: Tue Oct 02, 2007 8:52 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby sperry » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:40 pm

Didn't apply til March and did fine. You are way ahead of the game if you are getting your apps in in early November.

User avatar
annie2010
Posts: 123
Joined: Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:58 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby annie2010 » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:52 pm

sperry wrote:Didn't apply til March and did fine. You are way ahead of the game if you are getting your apps in in early November.


No no I mean for ED. Which is due on the 15th. How many days in advance should I hit submit and pay so that it's complete on time.

User avatar
beachbum
Posts: 2766
Joined: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:35 pm

Re: Won't Have Apps in Till Thursdayish

Postby beachbum » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:18 pm

annie2010 wrote:
sperry wrote:Didn't apply til March and did fine. You are way ahead of the game if you are getting your apps in in early November.


No no I mean for ED. Which is due on the 15th. How many days in advance should I hit submit and pay so that it's complete on time.


If the school recommends/requires that you submit by November 15, then submit by November 15 and you should be fine. The earlier the better- but take the time to put together a competitive application.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 2 guests