Law Schools Relationships With One Another

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sharpnsmooth

Law Schools Relationships With One Another

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:21 pm

----
Last edited by sharpnsmooth on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Re: Law Schools Relationships With One Another

Postby 09042014 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:24 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:A lower ranked school sent me a fee waiver today, and my girlfriend who has been very active in the app process decided it was cool if she played with my phone, and sent an e-mail back to them saying "not interested, thanks." obviously, this is unprofessional. i've apologized to the law school, but what are their relationships with one another? can this hurt my chances at other schools?

When I got into Northwestern via Early Decision, both UChicago and Harvard knew about it. Indiana did not.

sharpnsmooth

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:30 pm

is your pt similarly ranked schools keep tabs?

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:35 pm

ED is a different boat. I doubt they will notify other schools. And regarding conduct toward the school, just saying you are interested is not really a big deal.
Last edited by sarahh on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

whymeohgodno

Postby whymeohgodno » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:35 pm

I hope your gf is hot. Or a really good cook.

Postby 2014 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:35 pm

Break up imo

sharpnsmooth

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:44 pm

----
Last edited by sharpnsmooth on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vanwinkle

Postby vanwinkle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:50 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:A lower ranked school sent me a fee waiver today, and my girlfriend who has been very active in the app process decided it was cool if she played with my phone, and sent an e-mail back to them saying "not interested, thanks." obviously, this is unprofessional. i've apologized to the law school, but what are their relationships with one another? can this hurt my chances at other schools?

Apology to the law school is sufficient (and make sure they still give you the fee waiver!). Also, your girlfriend needs to become your ex-girlfriend, ASAP.

TT09

Postby TT09 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:51 pm

Yeah, I've wondered now for a bit, do other schools know to the schools you're applying to? I'm sure I'm beating a dead horse with that one.

sharpnsmooth

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:55 pm

------
Last edited by sharpnsmooth on Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:56 pm

So your girlfriend a) went through your e-mail, b) saw a fee waiver she deemed "unworthy," and c) took the liberty to respond on your behalf. Dude, you gotta know when to bail.

Fred_McGriff

Postby Fred_McGriff » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:58 pm

beachbum wrote:So your girlfriend a) went through your e-mail, b) saw a fee waiver she deemed "unworthy," and c) took the liberty to respond on your behalf. Dude, you gotta know when to bail.

Seriously. Sounds like she is driving the bus, and doesn't mind fucking you over. Bad combo.

sharpnsmooth

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 7:59 pm

beachbum wrote:So your girlfriend a) went through your e-mail, b) saw a fee waiver she deemed "unworthy," and c) took the liberty to respond on your behalf. Dude, you gotta know when to bail.

yeah, it's weird. i'm a trusting guy with people, and not very private so i don't care. i just care about the response, but i'll take care of it. i'd prefer not to talk about my relationships in a public forum or any forum for that matter.

sarahh

Postby sarahh » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:12 pm

Okay, "not interested, thanks" is more obnoxious than "I appreciate your generous fee-waiver offer, but I am not planning to apply to your fine institution", but I still don't think they will notify other schools. However, as Vanwinkle suggested, it does not hurt to send an apology to the school.

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:14 pm

Well, this is what you do. You engage is some kind of intercourse and towards the end you say, "meh, not interested thanks." Exit. (make sure you do this at her place.)

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:15 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:also on topic, how do u amend for calling a law school by the wrong name in an e-mail?

Haha, I did this TWICE. Chicago didn't notice that I called them Columbia, Cornell may or may not have noticed that I called them "XXX" in the fee waiver request. They may have just deleted it. Regardless, I sent them an apology.

acrossthelake

Postby acrossthelake » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

sophia.olive wrote:Well, this is what you do. You engage is some kind of intercourse and towards the end you say, "meh, not interested thanks." Exit. (make sure you do this at her place.)

sophia.olive

Postby sophia.olive » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:18 pm

Hannibal wrote:
sharpnsmooth wrote:also on topic, how do u amend for calling a law school by the wrong name in an e-mail?

Haha, I did this TWICE. Chicago didn't notice that I called them Columbia, Cornell may or may not have noticed that I called them "XXX" in the fee waiver request. They may have just deleted it. Regardless, I sent them an apology.

Chicago gave you a free waiver?

Hannibal

Postby Hannibal » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:20 pm

sophia.olive wrote:
Hannibal wrote:

Chicago gave you a free waiver?

I don't know yet, haven't checked for a hidden. But they replied with a form CRS email.

sharpnsmooth

Postby sharpnsmooth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:21 pm

i was made for hot weather personally. unfortunately, the list of elite or relatively good bets at 6 figures outta law school law schools in such climates is rare.....outside of Berkley, I think UVA is the hottest t-14.

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:22 pm

sharpnsmooth wrote:i was made for hot weather personally. unfortunately, the list of elite or relatively good bets at 6 figures outta law school law schools in such climates is rare.....outside of Berkley, I think UVA is the hottest t-14.

Stanford. Duke. UCLA, USC, and Vandy aren't far behind.

kkfish

Postby kkfish » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:47 pm

The girl on your profile picture is hot though.. No offence.
whymeohgodno wrote:I hope your gf is hot. Or a really good cook.

DoubleChecks

Postby DoubleChecks » Tue Nov 02, 2010 9:59 pm

beachbum wrote:
sharpnsmooth wrote:i was made for hot weather personally. unfortunately, the list of elite or relatively good bets at 6 figures outta law school law schools in such climates is rare.....outside of Berkley, I think UVA is the hottest t-14.

um, you mention these that "aren't far behind" and have hot weather...but fail to mention UT? lol

beachbum

Postby beachbum » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:17 pm

DoubleChecks wrote:
beachbum wrote:

um, you mention these that "aren't far behind" and have hot weather...but fail to mention UT? lol

you'd think I wouldn't forget about a school that I applied to only a few days ago... but you'd be wrong. Whoops.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 12:56 am

beachbum wrote:
DoubleChecks wrote:
beachbum wrote:

you'd think I wouldn't forget about a school that I applied to only a few days ago... but you'd be wrong. Whoops.

Maybe you should forgot you apply to it too :mrgreen:

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”