Stanford - Form C

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ragged

Stanford - Form C

Postby Ragged » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:46 pm

If I am already sending in 3 general LORs. Is it still a good idea to send form C in or should I substitute one of the LORs with form C? Will it hurt me if I don't send it in?

catsparka

Re: Stanford - Form C

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:49 pm

Same situation here.

Also, Form C (if submitted) is to be submitted in lieu of a LOR, right? We don't have to append Form C to each LOR that we send? (Sorry if this is just instruction read fail on my part.)

jtemp320

Postby jtemp320 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:51 pm

Same, I would also appreciate any advice here

icecreamcicle

Postby icecreamcicle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:59 pm

Same, I just posted a question on this topic.

I think the Form C is supposed to go with the LOR, though. From Stanford's site: "If you choose to provide us with a targeted letter, note that your recommender must complete and submit a LSAC Letter of Recommendation form, the Statement of Instructor (Form C), and the letter of recommendation directly to LSAC. All three documents must be submitted to LSAC simultaneously for proper processing." http://www.law.stanford.edu/program/deg ... /#overview

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm

icecreamcicle wrote:Same, I just posted a question on this topic.

I think the Form C is supposed to go with the LOR, though. From Stanford's site: "If you choose to provide us with a targeted letter, note that your recommender must complete and submit a LSAC Letter of Recommendation form, the Statement of Instructor (Form C), and the letter of recommendation directly to LSAC. All three documents must be submitted to LSAC simultaneously for proper processing." http://www.law.stanford.edu/program/deg ... /#overview

Yeah, my bad with the ambiguous language in my first post. I meant that Form C does not have to be included with the LOR if the LOR is not targeted to Stanford. That is, if I'm sending general LORs, I don't need to include Form C for each of them. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Thanks! :)

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:05 pm

Form C should only be submitted if your LOR writer is submitting a targeted LOR.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:06 pm

catsparka wrote:
icecreamcicle wrote:Same, I just posted a question on this topic.

Yeah, my bad with the ambiguous language in my first post. I meant that Form C does not have to be included with the LOR if the LOR is not targeted to Stanford. That is, if I'm sending general LORs, I don't need to include Form C for each of them. Can anyone confirm that this is the case? Thanks! :)

Confirmed, don't include Form C for generic LORs.

ahduth

Postby ahduth » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:13 pm

Seems like everyone else also decided to apply to Stanford today too. I hadn't heard of them before, seems like a pretty good school though.

Knock

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:14 pm

ahduth wrote:Seems like everyone else also decided to apply to Stanford today too. I hadn't heard of them before, seems like a pretty good school though.

:lol:. I submitted mid-October. Fingers-crossed.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Nov 03, 2010 1:06 am

Knock wrote:Form C should only be submitted if your LOR writer is submitting a targeted LOR.

Yes, print out Form C, give to professors, have them fill out Form C, attach targeted LOR, send to LSAC.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”