Stanford LOR

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
kak5n

Stanford LOR

Postby kak5n » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:28 pm

Would Stanford look unfavorably upon one LOR that is targeted and one that is not? The one I had do the targeted LOR is a Stanford alum (of a masters program) and probably had more to say about Stanford than my foreign language LOR writer. Would this hurt my chances?

alive

Re: Stanford LOR

Postby alive » Tue Nov 02, 2010 2:04 pm

I had two targeted, one not targeted (three total). However, your targeted sounds much better than mine, who just filled out the Stanford rec form and addressed the letter to Stanford (no personal connection to the university).

I don't think this will hurt you, but having more higher quality targeted letters (especially from alumni) will always help.

Knock

Re: Stanford LOR

Postby Knock » Tue Nov 02, 2010 4:10 pm

kak5n wrote:Would Stanford look unfavorably upon one LOR that is targeted and one that is not? The one I had do the targeted LOR is a Stanford alum (of a masters program) and probably had more to say about Stanford than my foreign language LOR writer. Would this hurt my chances?

No, one is better than none. I only submitted one targeted Stanford letter of recommendation, because my other recommender told me he couldn't do a targeted letter for me, since he has no connection with Stanford and wouldn't have anything to say.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”