Fee Waivers!?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Sandstorm

Fee Waivers!?

Postby Sandstorm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:25 pm

Could someone explain the fee waiver process to me. It seems like everyone goes through it, but when I applied for the fee waiver application on the LSAC I was denied, because it says because of cash balance and interest income. I thought I really don't have that much money, so I'm a bit confused about the whole process.

Adjudicator

Re: Fee Waivers!?

Postby Adjudicator » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:26 pm

Are you registered for CRS?

jwaters

Postby jwaters » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

iwanta170

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Last edited by iwanta170 on Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sandstorm

Postby Sandstorm » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:30 pm

Yea I applied for the CRS just yesterday. So I guess the clarification that I needed was the LSAC fee waiver and the fee waivers that the schools give are separate? (I guess through the CRS) By quickly skimming jwaters link this seems to be the answer.

I guess another question is - will it hurt me that I registered for CRS so late?

lzyovrachievr

Postby lzyovrachievr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:34 pm

iwanta170 wrote:Sorry to thread-jack but I don't want to make a whole new thread.

I just got an unsolicited fee waiver from Northwestern. 3.84 GPA but only 165 LSAT. What the deuce!?

Yea, You might have a chance, or they might want to up their selectivity by rejecting you. It happens.

Sandstorm wrote:Yea I applied for the CRS just yesterday. So I guess the clarification that I needed was the LSAC fee waiver and the fee waivers that the schools give are separate? (I guess through the CRS) By quickly skimming jwaters link this seems to be the answer.

I guess another question is - will it hurt me that I registered for CRS so late?

Not technically. Schools make several waves of fee waivers. If you didn't receive one in September, they do searches for candidates again in October, and so on. However, normally you have to wait for them to make another round if you've missed one. So if you want a waiver, you might have to wait for it. You can e-mail schools specifically to ask for one, and they might give it to you, tell you they don't give them, or tell you to wait for CRS. Luck of the draw.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”