Can I apply with just October score?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Rob1230

Can I apply with just October score?

Postby Rob1230 » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:54 am

I made the decision to retake in December, but I wanted to know if it is possible to apply to some places without them waiting for my December score?

Shrimps

Re: Can I apply with just October score?

Postby Shrimps » Tue Nov 02, 2010 11:57 am

What if you get a rejection before your Dec scores are out?

lzyovrachievr

Re: Can I apply with just October score?

Postby lzyovrachievr » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:27 pm

lzyovrachievr wrote:I'm retaking, but I want to submit some of my applications now. Can I do that?

If I submit apps now with the old score, will schools wait to review my file until the new score shows up?

If you ask them to. However, if you ask them to review it as is, they will probably do that too. You just need to e-mail them, let them know you've submitted an application, and tell them you would like them to wait for the new score before reviewing or to please consider your application complete without the new score and review your file as is.

They usually say they won't even look at your app if they know a second score is coming in later... unless you tell them specifically to consider your application complete without the new score.

I wouldn't do an addendum. Just e-mail the Admissions office and let them know. That way you are sure they received the information.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”