Addendum - Two questions

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glitched

Addendum - Two questions

Postby glitched » Tue Nov 02, 2010 3:53 am

Okay I am thinking if I should write these two addendum:

1. A very close family member passed away during my junior year summer. During that summer, I was taking two classes and needed to P/NP both to salvage my GPA. Furthermore, because of grief and further familial problems (well not only because of those reasons but the event honestly affected me tremendously) my GPA from the first three years were 0.3 pts higher than my senior year, and a downward trend developed, which dropped my cumulative GPA a overall by 0.1+. Should I be writing an addendum or am I addressing a non-issue?

2. My major is considered one of the most rigorous major at my undergraduate (Molecular and Cell Biology at UC Berkeley). However, the degree is considered a BA and not a BS for some unknown reason and I just want to clarify to admissions that my GPA may mean more. I am not sure how popular this major will be and if the admissions will take it into account. The average GPA for the graduating class was 2.9, which is lower than most engineering/chemistry majors.

Thank you! I am trying to raise my chances without sounding whiny! :)

glitched

Re: Addendum - Two questions

Postby glitched » Tue Nov 02, 2010 12:45 pm

bump.

nihilism is key

Re: Addendum - Two questions

Postby nihilism is key » Tue Nov 02, 2010 1:17 pm

It is difficult to answer these questions without knowing your GPA. For example, an addendum might be worthwhile if the drop were 3.1 to 2.9 or if the average gpa in your major is 2.9 while yours is a 3.9. Though to the latter point, your gpa percentile is listed in your LSAC academic report or at least it was in mine.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”