2 scores 7 pts apart-do I need to write an addendum? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jtemp320

Bronze

2 scores 7 pts apart-do I need to write an addendum?

Post by jtemp320 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:58 pm

Here is the truth -

In June I got a 167 with 10 wrong on LG. Basically - like many TLS'ers I put a lot of pressure on myself. I couldn't sleep the night before and was groggy and very anxious on test day - on the LG section I forgot to pull the pin on my watch, misdiagrammed a rule on the games (which I knew were my glaring weakness) and then had no idea how much time I had left to fix it so I left it alone and rushed through the whole rest of the section basically guessing (crazy I know). I knew things went bad but I didnt want to cancel and was actually pleasantly surprised to see a 167.

Between June and October I spent a lot more time on games - was a lot less nervous and got a 174. Now I have an average of 171 which I am fine with but I'd love a shot at Harvard/Columbia.

Should I write an addendum? I don't even know what I'd say...that I was nervous and tired and bombed a section?

Its just frustrating most of the T6 other then Chicago either average or are ambigious about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice

TT09

Bronze

Re: 2 scores 7 pts apart-do I need to write an addendum?

Post by TT09 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:05 pm

jtemp320 wrote:Here is the truth -

In June I got a 167 with 10 wrong on LG. Basically - like many TLS'ers I put a lot of pressure on myself. I couldn't sleep the night before and was groggy and very anxious on test day - on the LG section I forgot to pull the pin on my watch, misdiagrammed a rule on the games (which I knew were my glaring weakness) and then had no idea how much time I had left to fix it so I left it alone and rushed through the whole rest of the section basically guessing (crazy I know). I knew things went bad but I didnt want to cancel and was actually pleasantly surprised to see a 167.

Between June and October I spent a lot more time on games - was a lot less nervous and got a 174. Now I have an average of 171 which I am fine with but I'd love a shot at Harvard/Columbia.

Should I write an addendum? I don't even know what I'd say...that I was nervous and tired and bombed a section?

Its just frustrating most of the T6 other then Chicago either average or are ambigious about it.

Thanks in advance for any advice
You were sick the first time.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”