Berkeley LORs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
catsparka

Berkeley LORs

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:54 pm

The application says no LORs are required. Is it better to submit them anyway? If so, how many?

Aggiegrad2011

Re: Berkeley LORs

Postby Aggiegrad2011 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:12 pm

catsparka wrote:The application says no LORs are required. Is it better to submit them anyway? If so, how many?

I definitely submitted my two LoRs to Boalt regardless of their requirement, particularly because one of my letter writers wrote me one targeted for Berk (She is an alum, Ph.D) and I wanted to make sure they got the message!

When in doubt, whip it out. They certainly will not penalize you for submitting LoRs and it might very well help you get accepted.

catsparka

Postby catsparka » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:28 pm

Aggiegrad2011 wrote:
catsparka wrote:The application says no LORs are required. Is it better to submit them anyway? If so, how many?

I definitely submitted my two LoRs to Boalt regardless of their requirement, particularly because one of my letter writers wrote me one targeted for Berk (She is an alum, Ph.D) and I wanted to make sure they got the message!

When in doubt, whip it out. They certainly will not penalize you for submitting LoRs and it might very well help you get accepted.

Okay, thanks! :)

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Mon Nov 01, 2010 9:34 pm

Somewhere... I can't remember where at the moment... said that they "encouraged" applicants to submit up to three LORs. It might have been in the instructions?

ohnowhattodo

Postby ohnowhattodo » Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:54 pm

i'm debating between sending 3 or 4 LORs... what do you guys think?

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”