Letter of Recommendation Cosign

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
glitched

Letter of Recommendation Cosign

Postby glitched » Mon Nov 01, 2010 5:35 pm

Hello,

I need some help. So I am planned to receive a letter of recommendation from a professor who was the instructor for this seminar i took for five semesters, and I also researched in his lab. I am a science major so what i mean by research is biology research (hence the lab stuff). But there is a problem. I actually rarely interacted with such professor, but I did spend a great deal of time with a graduate student that mentored me throughout my research and I worked heavily under his management. Well, it turns out that the professor will only cosign, but not write, a letter of recommendation written by my graduate student mentor. The graduate student will have surely written me a stellar recommendation, but I was wondering which LSAC form i should use? Should I reprint one with the graduate student's name or keep the one with the professor? Thank you!

P.S. Sorry for the crappy grammar. Brain not functioning optimally right now.

glitched

Re: Letter of Recommendation Cosign

Postby glitched » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:33 pm

bump

RTFM

Re: Letter of Recommendation Cosign

Postby RTFM » Mon Nov 01, 2010 8:37 pm

I haven't personally done this, but I would probably re-print one for the person that is actually writing the letter. No reason for adcomms to wonder if you were trying to trick them.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”