Is Cornell really that difficult?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:08 pm

I've heard this from a number of people - is Cornell really a lot harder than other comparable schools? Of course every law school is difficult - it's law school! But I've heard from a few folks that the coursework at Cornell is particularly difficult. Anyone have any insight?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:16 pm

167, I doubt it.

User avatar
Jackie O
Posts: 223
Joined: Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:34 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Jackie O » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:17 pm

Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.

:mrgreen:

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


It's a 168 now BITCH

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:24 pm

Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


??

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:26 pm

username99 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


??


LSAT median....

username99
Posts: 445
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:40 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby username99 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:28 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
username99 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


??


LSAT median....


Right - and I'm there. I'm not asking about difficulty getting in - I mean is it much harder than other schools once you're there?

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:29 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


It's a 168 now BITCH


So is UIllinois.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Ragged » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:30 pm

username99 wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
username99 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


??


LSAT median....


Right - and I'm there. I'm not asking about difficulty getting in - I mean is it much harder than other schools once you're there?


The median of LSAT should reflect the average capabilities of their students and your grades depend on your performance in comparison to your classmates, so by pointing out their low LSAT median DF is implying that it can't be that difficult to get good grades there.
Last edited by Ragged on Mon Nov 01, 2010 4:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:31 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:167, I doubt it.


It's a 168 now BITCH


So is UIllinois.


we all get it, you went to Illinois for undergrad, it's getting pathetic now DF

User avatar
James Bond
Posts: 2349
Joined: Sun May 31, 2009 12:53 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby James Bond » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:32 pm

username99 wrote:I've heard this from a number of people - is Cornell really a lot harder than other comparable schools? Of course every law school is difficult - it's law school! But I've heard from a few folks that the coursework at Cornell is particularly difficult. Anyone have any insight?


I hear it's hard to not commit suicide after living there for long...

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:34 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
It's a 168 now BITCH


So is UIllinois.


we all get it, you went to Illinois for undergrad, it's getting pathetic now DF


White knighting Cornell is always pathetic.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:37 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
It's a 168 now BITCH


So is UIllinois.


we all get it, you went to Illinois for undergrad, it's getting pathetic now DF


White knighting Cornell is always pathetic.


After my epic fail on the oct lsat, cornell is looking good, well, relatively.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby 09042014 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:39 pm

Patriot1208 wrote:
After my epic fail on the oct lsat, cornell is looking good, well, relatively.


Well it being easier is only to your benefit. It still places decently.

User avatar
Patriot1208
Posts: 7044
Joined: Tue May 18, 2010 11:28 am

Re: Is Cornell really that difficult?

Postby Patriot1208 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 12:42 pm

Desert Fox wrote:
Patriot1208 wrote:
After my epic fail on the oct lsat, cornell is looking good, well, relatively.


Well it being easier is only to your benefit. It still places decently.


At least I can take comfort in knowing I won't need to go to GeorgeTTTown




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: audreyann71, MSNbot Media, vintageblazers and 6 guests