getting late in the cycle?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Ship87

getting late in the cycle?

Postby Ship87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:04 am

Hey all,

I'm applying this cycle and I am wrapping up with my personal statement. When I talked to my professors who will be writing my recommendations, I told them to send them in before Nov 1st, figuring that since my score wouldn't be available till then anyways it wouldn't matter. One sent hers in a few days ago and the other is sending his tomorrow via snail mail.

Having read now that LSAC may take a few weeks to process recommendations in some cases, will my applications be significantly hurt by waiting until mid November to submit my apps? Or is pre-Thanksgiving pretty much early? I heard that sending by fax is much faster, so should I ask my profs to fax them instead? Thanks in advance for any help!

Helpful info: 3.74 GPA, 171 june lsat and 177 october. Aiming specifically for CCN and Penn, and entertaining vague hopes for HYS.

Grizz

Re: getting late in the cycle?

Postby Grizz » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:05 am

Pre-Thanksgiving should be fine.

incompetentia

Postby incompetentia » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:19 am

My recommender dropped a letter in the mail on Sunday (24/10) and it got posted on Friday (29/10).

Ship87

Postby Ship87 » Mon Nov 01, 2010 2:22 am

Thanks for the above responses. Hopefully the letters get in quick; I hope it's not a few days till Thanksgiving and I have to call LSAC lol.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”