? About Early Decision

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
User avatar
lalalawya
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

? About Early Decision

Postby lalalawya » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:19 pm

Hi!
So, I have applied early decision to a program that is a slight reach for me. I am planning on re-taking the LSAT in February (my schedule is so packed right now that there is absolutely no way I can take the test in Dec. and score well, plus I would not be able to apply ED)...If the school decides to waitlist me through the ED program, I am no longer bound to the school by the agreement, correct?

Now here is my (probably strange) question: I am considering sending in apps right now to schools that are extreme reaches for me. When (assuming I am waitlisted at my ED school and need to re-take it) I take the Feb. LSAT, if I am able to acheive a score that now places me in the range of admittance for my extreme reaches would my chances for acceptance still be possible for these schools despite being so late in the cycle? Since the schools would already have my "complete" application in hand since my orginal submission in October, I am hoping that I could beat them to the punch and get them my new (hopefully higher) Feb. LSAT score before they would have the chance to reject me based on my current score....I probably made this question more confusing than it needs to be, but any input is appreciated!

Thank you!

User avatar
lalalawya
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: ? About Early Decision

Postby lalalawya » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:04 pm

Orrrr another idea I had was to just suck it up and take the Dec. LSAT (I am going to study hardcore this week/take a few practice tests up until registration to see where I currently stand considering the last test I took was in June and have done no preperation since) but contact the school I have applied ED to and let them know I want them to still evaluate my application with my current score as an ED applicant. I am just afraid if I were to do this, they would end up wait-listing me because they want to see my new score, even if they were originally going to accept me with my current score.

User avatar
lalalawya
Posts: 321
Joined: Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:34 pm

Re: ? About Early Decision

Postby lalalawya » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:49 pm

Anyone?

BilderMoss
Posts: 16
Joined: Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:00 am

Re: ? About Early Decision

Postby BilderMoss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 11:59 pm

I've been thinking of doing the same thing. My conclusion is I'll call tomorrow and ask if it's ok to apply early decision and then take the lsat again or not depending on whether they admit me (website says i'll know in three weeks.) I think it should be fine with them. You might want to do this.




Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests