161 3.4 GPA

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
trose28

161 3.4 GPA

Postby trose28 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:17 pm

I know my GPA is low and my LSAT isnt exactly high either but I REALLY want to go to boulder
im goin ed... know my chances are like none. I also have been extremely involved with mediation on campus I founded and am president of the mediation center on campus. I am also a four year varsity athlete as well. Does any of this weigh in at all?
these are the rest of my schools
UNC
Wake Forest
Maine
Hofstra
Arizona state
San fran
Elon
Albany
Syracuse

Barbie

Re: 161 3.4 GPA

Postby Barbie » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:25 pm

Are you a URM or NC resident? I'm assuming neither since you didn't say so... Oh and CU doesn't give their ED applicants any boost at all. I called and confirmed this like 10x. I thought it was strange, but good luck anyway!

UNC - WL
Wake Forest- WL
Maine - In for sure. Do you live in Maine or something?
Hofstra - In, prob with $.
Arizona state- prob WL, maybe in.
San fran- In
Elon - More than In
Albany - never heard of it
Syracuse - In

I think you need more targets. Schools prob in mid tier 2.

tttlllsss

Postby tttlllsss » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:27 pm

trose28 wrote:I know my GPA is low and my LSAT isnt exactly high either but I REALLY want to go to boulder
im goin ed... know my chances are like none. I also have been extremely involved with mediation on campus I founded and am president of the mediation center on campus. I am also a four year varsity athlete as well. Does any of this weigh in at all?
these are the rest of my schools
UNC
Wake Forest
Maine
Hofstra
Arizona state
San fran
Elon
Albany
Syracuse

Are you a URM? Do you live in N.C.?

If not:
CU - reject
UNC - reject
WF - likely reject
Maine - don't know enough about this program
Hofstra - likely accept
ASU - likely reject / WL-reject
SF - likely accept
Elon - don't know enough about this program
Albany - don't know enough about this program
Syracuse - accept

Sports and the other thing won't have much of an impact.

trose28

Postby trose28 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 4:34 pm

I picked a lot of these schools because I want to go to a schools with a juvenile justice clinic. Since thats the kind of law I want to practice. However, I am not sure what other schools would be safeties. I am from long island and would go back there if i HAD to but not really a big city person. That being said I have no idea where else to even look. ahhhh also add SMU? but i do deff need more safety schools

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Nov 05, 2010 5:35 pm

in addition to posters above
you will be in at albany and maine

bakerka2

Postby bakerka2 » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:51 pm

Wow, I am in pretty much the exact same situation! 161/3.4 and CU is #1 on my list!

I actually emailed CU yesterday to see if my chances would be better if I applied ED or retook the LSAT in December, making my app later and hopefully my score higher. They told me it would be better to retake in December. So I hope to God I don't f it up this time, I was planning to get around 165-166 based on my practice tests, so I was obviously devastated!

Also, last year I was applying with 160/3.4 and was rejected from CU. Also I think ASU was on your list? I applied super late to ASU (March or April) and was WL and later rejected.

Not sure if a re-take is an option for you, but something you should think about!

Good Luck!

Barbie

Postby Barbie » Fri Nov 05, 2010 8:53 pm

Yeah CU told me the same thing (and their ED doesn't help-- at all-- apparently with chances). But I didn't want to wait/risk a retake. I didn't want to put in the time to possibly do worse, the same, or just a tad bit better. :(

maine08080

Postby maine08080 » Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:56 pm

I know you're looking for advice for CU, But I can say that you definitely in at Maine with some money.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”