How do "Safety Schools" consider retakes?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
noahzak

How do "Safety Schools" consider retakes?

Postby noahzak » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:37 pm

If I apply to my safeties right now with a 163/3.03 and I plan on retaking in Dec., would they set my file aside until then, or would they possibly admit me with these numbers?

I am just confused about the process- I realize schools like USC, UCLA etc. need to be retaken for, so I know they will push me aside until January. But Whittier, for example- would they consider me now even though I am retaking in Dec?

Thanks!

existenz

Re: How do "Safety Schools" consider retakes?

Postby existenz » Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:01 pm

noahzak wrote:If I apply to my safeties right now with a 163/3.03 and I plan on retaking in Dec., would they set my file aside until then, or would they possibly admit me with these numbers?

I am just confused about the process- I realize schools like USC, UCLA etc. need to be retaken for, so I know they will push me aside until January. But Whittier, for example- would they consider me now even though I am retaking in Dec?

Thanks!

If you ask them to consider you now instead of waiting for your score, they probably will. These safety schools are usually not snobs about retakes, unlike say UCLA or Berkeley.

ElvisAaron

Re: How do "Safety Schools" consider retakes?

Postby ElvisAaron » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:22 pm

I'm wondering the same thing, I was planning to apply to my safeties with my Oct score and still take the Dec for my last shot at HY...has anyone done this? That would suck if the safeties hold my apps (two of them are T1)

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”