Apply this cycle or wait till next?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
treeborn

Apply this cycle or wait till next?

Postby treeborn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:16 pm

Hey all,

I go to a top public school, and will graduate this December with a 3.9 LSAC gpa. Just took the Oct LSAT, and scored about 10 points below my PT average, and got a 163. I am in a bind regarding if/when to retake, and if I do choose to retake in December, if it may be too late in the cycle to effectively apply.

If I retake in December, is it still worth me applying this cycle? If not, would it just be worth it to take the Feb/June test and apply next cycle?

Thanks for your input.

gwuorbust

Re: Apply this cycle or wait till next?

Postby gwuorbust » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:39 pm

even though the advanced search function isn't working the general search function still works. try using it.

even so, if you can score 10 points higher, you are looking at over 150k in difference in debt. so either wait a year, retake, score 170+, bag a full schly or t-14. OR:

enroll in a school like mine(~40th), hope everything works out, lose out on 100k

(I got the same LSAT 2x in a row w/ shit-ton of studying so that why I'm at where I'm at)

treeborn

Re: Apply this cycle or wait till next?

Postby treeborn » Sat Oct 30, 2010 9:32 pm

gwuorbust wrote:even though the advanced search function isn't working the general search function still works. try using it.

even so, if you can score 10 points higher, you are looking at over 150k in difference in debt. so either wait a year, retake, score 170+, bag a full schly or t-14. OR:

enroll in a school like mine(~40th), hope everything works out, lose out on 100k

(I got the same LSAT 2x in a row w/ shit-ton of studying so that why I'm at where I'm at)

Thank you for your search suggestion.

I suppose I should have been a bit more explicit with what I was asking, because I don't believe it came across.

I am curious as to whether, if I retook in December, I would be too late applying to schools such as HYS and CCN, and whether it may be more effective for me to wait to apply next cycle.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”