Is the Law School Predictor website accurate for LSDAS GPA?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
ohyouknow

Is the Law School Predictor website accurate for LSDAS GPA?

Postby ohyouknow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:47 pm

I haven't sent in my transcript yet (not applying this cycle), but out of curiosity I typed my credit hours/grades into the LSDAS GPA calculator on lawschoolpredictor.com. To my shock, my GPA went up substantially. Think its accurate? To those of you who have used that calculator before, did you get the same result as you did when you eventually did send LSAC your transcript? Starting to get my hopes up, but don't want to do so prematurely.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but didn't see anything that answered this specific question.

acrossthelake

Re: Is the Law School Predictor website accurate for LSDAS GPA?

Postby acrossthelake » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:49 pm

ohyouknow wrote:I haven't sent in my transcript yet (not applying this cycle), but out of curiosity I typed my credit hours/grades into the LSDAS GPA calculator on lawschoolpredictor.com. To my shock, my GPA went up substantially. Think its accurate? To those of you who have used that calculator before, did you get the same result as you did when you eventually did send LSAC your transcript? Starting to get my hopes up, but don't want to do so prematurely.

Sorry if this has been asked before. I did a quick search but didn't see anything that answered this specific question.

If you use it correctly, it should be accurate.

ohyouknow

Postby ohyouknow » Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:51 pm

Sweet!!! I double checked when I saw my number go up, so I'm pretty sure I am using it correctly. Thanks so much for your quick response!

queenlizzie13

Postby queenlizzie13 » Sat Oct 30, 2010 5:15 pm

ohyouknow wrote:Sweet!!! I double checked when I saw my number go up, so I'm pretty sure I am using it correctly. Thanks so much for your quick response!

Yeah mine went up substantially, but I knew it would, having received 6 A+'s during college. A+'s only count as 4.0 at UCI, not 4.3 or I might have graduated summa cum laude instead of just magna. I'm guessing your in a similar boat?

fut1l

Postby fut1l » Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:02 pm

I am wondering about the accuracy of this website myself. When i entered my grades , my gpa came out way higher than i had expected. I think i was doing it right. When it asks : " number of credit hours for B + " you supposed to take each class with a B+ (3 credits each are my classes) and multiply by the number of credits its worth? So 6 classes with B+ would equal 18 credit hrs?

Am i doing this correctly?

If so my GPA drastically went up as well.

Although our school does not give A + .. I just have A's and A- .. I figures the ( -) would drag me down but the GPA seems higher.

Can someone please confirm if i am performing the calculation correctly? I just want to make sure im not chasing a speeding bullet.

Thanks

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”