Why are my reports not being sent? (Updated)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
NJcollegestudent

Why are my reports not being sent? (Updated)

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sat Oct 30, 2010 11:30 am

I have all of the required components, and with the writing sample just loaded, it still has a blue arrow saying report not generated.
Last edited by NJcollegestudent on Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

furrywalls

Re: Why are my reports not being sent?

Postby furrywalls » Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:09 pm

I'm pretty sure that they don't generate reports on the weekends. Whenever I have completed an app and paid for the report on the weekend it has been sent on monday.

im_blue

Postby im_blue » Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:01 pm

LSAC sends reports within 24-48 hours of a new score - I'd plan on Monday or Tuesday.

NJcollegestudent

Re: Why are my reports not being sent (Updated) ?

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:23 pm

Heres something i found odd. I just paid for a report yesterday and that report apparently was sent to the one school, however, on the reports page it still says not generated. The other six reports i paid for still are not being sent and have the same blue arrow, yet one somehow was sent. Two are not being sent due to a missing LOR, however, the requirements are met for the other four that are not.

RTFM

Postby RTFM » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:33 pm

That happened to me too. I went complete at USC before LSAC said they had sent the report.

Also, some of my reports took 24 hours to show up as generated and some took more than 48 hours, even though I paid for all of them at the same time. So who knows.

HowdyYall

Postby HowdyYall » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:36 pm

My guess: some schools have specified they dont want any apps sent on the weekend so LSAC doesnt have them as complete/sent yet. Kindof makes sense since (great word choice i know) my app was completed/sent to Texas and they have a deadline November 1

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm

Thank you for your responses, as i am anxious to get a complete and under review status before the second week of november. I will post again tomorrow should the other four reports be sent and received on any status checker.

r6_philly

Re: Why are my reports not being sent? (Updated)

Postby r6_philly » Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:49 pm

I don't know how LSAC really code the system, but if I were to develop it, I would notify schools that reports are available, and school staff would come to their LSAC account to retrieve the PDF's. Sending reports by email use up bandwidth and email quota, so it's definitely not the way to go. So LSAC would probably only mar "sent" once the school come and retrieve the report. That would explain why some schools are faster than others because it's a manual process and staff at different schools work at different speeds. Would also explain why no report is "sent" on weekends (since they don't work on weekends).

"Sent" is probably left over from the days when they actually send the paper reports, they probably just kept the terminology even though it is no longer "sent".

Arbiter213

Postby Arbiter213 » Sun Oct 31, 2010 5:32 pm

I applied to all but 4 of my schools Saturday morning/ afternoon. They are all now complete.

I applied to 2 schools Saturday night (before I went out)- they are still active, but submitted.

My guess is LSAC was open saturday, but not today.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 6:00 pm

What does it actually show when it is sent besides the LSAC completed? Does that blue not generated arrow change to something else?

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Sun Oct 31, 2010 7:32 pm

NJcollegestudent wrote:What does it actually show when it is sent besides the LSAC completed? Does that blue not generated arrow change to something else?

The ! goes away and when you expand the section, it gives you a link to the PDF that was sent to the school, and the date.

NJcollegestudent

Postby NJcollegestudent » Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:42 pm

r6_philly wrote:
NJcollegestudent wrote:What does it actually show when it is sent besides the LSAC completed? Does that blue not generated arrow change to something else?

The ! goes away and when you expand the section, it gives you a link to the PDF that was sent to the school, and the date.

Thanks for the information, as i was worried that something was wrong. Despite one of the reports being sent and showing up as sent apparently it was not generated.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”