If one sends their apps in now but is taking the Dec. LSAT

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
FreddyBigShot

If one sends their apps in now but is taking the Dec. LSAT

Postby FreddyBigShot » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:57 pm

and already has an LSAT score on record, will schools review the apps or wait until the Dec. score? Or do you have to indicate to them that you want them to hold off on reviewing your app until the new score arrives? Also, if there is nowhere on the app that asks if you're retaking the LSAT, will they see that you are taking the Dec. test when they receive your LSAC report or whatever?

Knock

Re: If one sends their apps in now but is taking the Dec. LSAT

Postby Knock » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:03 pm

FreddyBigShot wrote:and already has an LSAT score on record, will schools review the apps or wait until the Dec. score? Or do you have to indicate to them that you want them to hold off on reviewing your app until the new score arrives? Also, if there is nowhere on the app that asks if you're retaking the LSAT, will they see that you are taking the Dec. test when they receive your LSAC report or whatever?

I think most schools, if you indicate on your application that you are taking the LSAT again in December, will wait until your December school to review your application, unless you request otherwise.

Not sure about whether they receive it on your LSAC report if there isn't space available on the application.

HowdyYall

Re: If one sends their apps in now but is taking the Dec. LSAT

Postby HowdyYall » Fri Oct 29, 2010 2:06 pm

LSAC wont send out your report to schools if you have a LSAT registration in December. Trust me, this has given me a headache for the past 3 weeks. Even if you email a bunch of schools and tell them to go ahead and review your app with your first LSAT many wont bc they dont want you to score higher on LSAT and try to get more financial aid out of 'em.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”