Question on applying through LSAC web-based process Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
SteveIP

New

Question on applying through LSAC web-based process

Post by SteveIP » Fri Oct 29, 2010 12:49 pm

I want to start my law school applications, but I am still waiting for a few things (one reference letter, finalizing my application essay).

I have not yet used the LSAC web-based application system. Is it possible to start an application for a law school -- for example, enter most or all of the personal data -- and save the application without submitting it? (Obviously, to be finished and then submitted at a later time?)

Also, once you enter personal data for one school, is the same or similar data automatically entered for the same questions for other schools, as applicable?

Once more, thanks in advance....

Steve

oldhippie

Silver

Re: Question on applying through LSAC web-based process

Post by oldhippie » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:48 pm

you can definitely start an application and save it to be submitted in the future. i read and re-read mine many times before actually submitting them!
also, there is a common information form that you will see once you start an application - i didn't use it and heard it was more of a hassle than a help in some ways.
lsac automatically enters some of the information in the application automatically - lsac number, ssn, schools in some cases...it was not consistent among all of my apps but it did help to have part of them completed automatically...but your best bet is to just start a few and you'll be able to see it yourself...just remember to hit save! :)
HTH

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”