character and fitness

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
sueeeee22

character and fitness

Postby sueeeee22 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:35 pm

My apologies if this inquiry has been previously satisfied in another thread...

I am currently applying for an American law school. Several years ago, I was terminated from part-time employment in Canada for having a small amount of an illegal substance (of the "herbal" variety) on work grounds; a minor offence. I was not legally apprehended but the action was grounds enough for termination.

I have not included this employer in my application and do not wish to disclose the termination in the character and fitness portion of the application.

Am I okay to omit? And please, having mixed responses will only highten my unsurity.

Can one of you give me a strong and confident answer?

maxm2764

Re: character and fitness

Postby maxm2764 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:49 pm

sueeeee22 wrote:Can one of you give me a strong and confident answer?

Here's the thing. Most of the answers you are likely to get from this forum are going to be individual opinions. With that said, there's not a very good chance you'll get a completely, "strong and confident" answer.

Honestly, your judgement on each individual app is as good as anyone else's.

kalvano

Postby kalvano » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:32 pm

sueeeee22 wrote:I have not included this employer in my application and do not wish to disclose the termination in the character and fitness portion of the application.

Am I okay to omit? And please, having mixed responses will only highten my unsurity.

Good call. Start off your career by lying.

My C&F form asked for every job you've ever had in the last 10 years, and if you've ever been fired. If you lie, it's not good.

veragood

Postby veragood » Fri Oct 29, 2010 11:34 pm

I'd lie. Fuck, it's just some weed.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”