Yale Blog - Applying late doesn't hurt your chances (?)

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
HopefulFish

Yale Blog - Applying late doesn't hurt your chances (?)

Postby HopefulFish » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:20 pm

Sigh. The 250-word essay. I remember putting off my Yale Law School application because of the 250, too (good thing that applying late to YLS doesn't affect your chances of admission!).

Granted, it is a 2-year old blog. But does this still hold true today? Most schools seemed to have adopted the rolling admissions policy.

Re: Yale Blog - Applying late doesn't hurt your chances (?)

Postby 2014 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 9:56 pm

I believe Yale is one of about 3 schools that pretty much does not abide by rolling admissions. Like all schools though they review in the order they receive, so if you submit early you probably have a better chance of getting in just because you have a better chance of being the first one they see that fills a certain niche. For example if they get 9 applications from college lacrosse players and have room to take one of them, all things equal they might take the first one received because it left the first impression.

The Real Jack McCoy

Re: Yale Blog - Applying late doesn't hurt your chances (?)

Postby The Real Jack McCoy » Thu Oct 28, 2010 10:13 pm

2014 wrote:I believe Yale is one of about 3 schools that pretty much does not abide by rolling admissions. Like all schools though they review in the order they receive, so if you submit early you probably have a better chance of getting in just because you have a better chance of being the first one they see that fills a certain niche. For example if they get 9 applications from college lacrosse players and have room to take one of them, all things equal they might take the first one received because it left the first impression.

What are the other two?

I think the only one that doesn't really abide by rolling admissions is Yale.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”