Check in time for LOR Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
jlas000

New

Check in time for LOR

Post by jlas000 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:34 am

My LOR was mailed in a week ago. It is the last one that I needed and would like to send in my apps this weekend after the scores are released. But LSAC has not checked in the LOR yet. So my question is, at what point should I start to worry, or call LSAC or have my professor mail in another copy. All my prior LOR's were checked in within 4 days.

Thanks

Platinum

Re: Check in time for LOR

Post by 2014 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

Calling LSAC won't be much help unless it helps to ease your mind. Most people would say wait two weeks until after you are relatively sure it was received by LSAC and then resend.

If you are close to your professor and don't mind asking him to resend it, get an envelope and postage and such, bring it to him and let him seal it in front of you and sign the flap if he doesn't want you to see it. Hand deliver it to the post office where you can send it certified mail so you are sure that LSAC received it. Or you could have him try and fax it, but that can be hit or miss too.

CSCS Trainer

New

Post by CSCS Trainer » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:50 am

LSAC told me just this week that it normally takes them 7-10 to process the LOR after they received it. I was calling on one that was mailed on 9/30 and still hasn't shown up yet. I just fired off another form to my recommender to have them mail it again. :(

Arbiter213

Gold

Post by Arbiter213 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:25 pm

My third letter has been sent twice and hasn't gotten through, but fortunately I see them everyday and she's willing happy to fax it tomorrow. I'm planning on going complete for as many schools as possible this weekend regardless, and let the letter be an update when it gets in.I can only think of upsides to doing it that way.

Sandro

Gold

Post by Sandro » Thu Oct 28, 2010 3:23 pm

Met with LOR writer last Wednesday Oct 20. Did not fax, and it showed up on LSAC Oct 26th. I suspect some form of priority mail was in effect, and hoping its through my UG and my other LOR writer will use it.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”