GW ED question

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
pjo

GW ED question

Postby pjo » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:26 am

I was thinking about applying ED to GW. I doubt I'll get in ED, because my numbers aren't what they usually look for ED but I figure, why not apply ED anyway. I'm just wondering if you get denied ED does your app go into an RD pile and then get evaluated? Or am I denied completely outright if I'm denied ED? Thanks

hipstermafia

Re: GW ED question

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:41 am

If you're denied ED you get deferred to RD.

gdane

Postby gdane » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:47 am

Getting into GW ED is very tough because they also consider you for a large scholarship. Unlike other schools, there is no "ED boost".

In other words, dont do it. ED somewhere else.

Good luck!

crysmissmichelle

Postby crysmissmichelle » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:52 am

It can be denied outright, but from what I've seen on LSN (watching since last year, lol) is that they move it to the RD pile and let you know. I even saw a few denied for the ED, then given an amazing scholarship in RD!

hipstermafia

Postby hipstermafia » Thu Oct 28, 2010 11:58 am

gdane5 wrote:Getting into GW ED is very tough because they also consider you for a large scholarship. Unlike other schools, there is no "ED boost".

In other words, dont do it. ED somewhere else.

Good luck!

It is true that getting in GW ed is difficult to do (900 applications for ~25 spots was the stat quoted to me), but I disagree that since it's difficult you shouldn't ED to GW. Many people who applied ED and got deferred to RD were admitted and offered substantial scholarships (30,000 a year + housing 1L i think) on the same day they were notified of being deferred to RD from ED last year. I would bet GW is more inclined to offer these scholarships to people who really want to go to GW, and applying ED is telling them just that.

FWIW, i applied ED to GW and in no way expect to get one of the ED spots. If by some miracle i do, I'd be happy going to gw on a full ride. If not, hopefully that boots my chances for another one of their big scholarships but i'm not committed to attend.

Edit: That being said, if you're set on getting in ED somewhere I wouldn't ED at GW.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”