UT fee waiver?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yngblkgifted

UT fee waiver?

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:52 pm

I just got it via email and they said that the fee waiver offer is only good until Nov. 1st. This is my first waiver that had a strict deadline like this. Has anyone been successful in getting offers like this extended? If so, who did you contact? I won't be ready to submit apps until about a week after Nov. 1st. I wasn't planning on applying to UT but since it could possibly be only 12 bucks...aw what the hell, right?

r6_philly

Re: UT fee waiver?

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:41 pm

If you want to save money, do it by the deadline. You still have the weekend to work on it. Probably better to get it in before all the other Oct LSAT takers anyway.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 8:56 pm

r6_philly wrote:If you want to save money, do it by the deadline. You still have the weekend to work on it. Probably better to get it in before all the other Oct LSAT takers anyway.

My LORS wont be able to send it until Nov. 1st. and then it takes a few days to update onto LSAC. If I finish every thing else and submit my PS, resume and primary app. by Nov. 1st does that still count?

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:24 pm

anyone have an answer to this?

mr_toad

Postby mr_toad » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:41 pm

If UT requires letters, it probably won't let you submit without having them assigned, but I've never tried it, so I might be wrong. You could just try it without and see if it lets you get to the point where you can view the pdf of your application.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:00 pm

mr_toad wrote:If UT requires letters, it probably won't let you submit without having them assigned, but I've never tried it, so I might be wrong. You could just try it without and see if it lets you get to the point where you can view the pdf of your application.

They don't require letters- they are just strongly recommended. I don't want to be considered without my LORs.

So we cannot even submit the application without the LORs being uploaded to LSAC? I thought that we could at least apply with the primary application and then just send in the other materials soon afterward. Then our application would become "complete." Was I wrong?

FTS

Postby FTS » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:01 pm

anybody sending less than 3 letters of recs to UT? It recommends 3, but I only got 2 of dem

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 10:20 pm

You could always ask the if they would extend the waiver while you wait for your LOR for a few days.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:11 pm

r6_philly wrote:You could always ask the if they would extend the waiver while you wait for your LOR for a few days.

True....true.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:22 pm

Another thought, even if they don't extend it, you could submit it, then ask them to hold your file while your LOR get there. They should honor it since the whole point is to get you to apply, and you genuinely want to apply.

mcflooter06

Postby mcflooter06 » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:26 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:
mr_toad wrote:If UT requires letters, it probably won't let you submit without having them assigned, but I've never tried it, so I might be wrong. You could just try it without and see if it lets you get to the point where you can view the pdf of your application.

They don't require letters- they are just strongly recommended. I don't want to be considered without my LORs.

So we cannot even submit the application without the LORs being uploaded to LSAC? I thought that we could at least apply with the primary application and then just send in the other materials soon afterward. Then our application would become "complete." Was I wrong?

I'm pretty sure you can SEND in the app, still get the fee waiver, and when your LORs are in, it will send them electronically to the school. I had to do this last year at UT, because one of my recommenders was SUPER late.

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:39 pm

r6_philly wrote:Another thought, even if they don't extend it, you could submit it, then ask them to hold your file while your LOR get there. They should honor it since the whole point is to get you to apply, and you genuinely want to apply.

Yes, I will contact them about it. thanks!

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:40 pm

Good luck!

yngblkgifted

Postby yngblkgifted » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:41 pm

mcflooter06 wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:

I'm pretty sure you can SEND in the app, still get the fee waiver, and when your LORs are in, it will send them electronically to the school. I had to do this last year at UT, because one of my recommenders was SUPER late.

Oh ok cool. that puts me at ease. Thanks!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”