Quick question about LORs

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
yngblkgifted

Quick question about LORs

Postby yngblkgifted » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:51 pm

Typically,our recommenders are supposed to write a generic letter ( not school specific- unless, of course, they have ties to the law school which you are applying to), right? If I'm correct, whose address do they put on the actual generic letter ...no one's or LSAC's?

DearCan

Re: Quick question about LORs

Postby DearCan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:01 pm

yngblkgifted wrote:Typically,our recommenders are supposed to write a generic letter ( not school specific- unless, of course, they have ties to the law school which you are applying to), right? If I'm correct, whose address do they put on the actual generic letter ...no one's or LSAC's?

If you're planning on using the same LoRs for all schools, then they should be generic school-wise.

No address on the letter. Not needed.

yngblkgifted

Re: Quick question about LORs

Postby yngblkgifted » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:15 pm

DearCan wrote:
yngblkgifted wrote:Typically,our recommenders are supposed to write a generic letter ( not school specific- unless, of course, they have ties to the law school which you are applying to), right? If I'm correct, whose address do they put on the actual generic letter ...no one's or LSAC's?

If you're planning on using the same LoRs for all schools, then they should be generic school-wise.

No address on the letter. Not needed.

Thank you!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”