Find your rank in college? Any USC do this before?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2010trojan

Find your rank in college? Any USC do this before?

Postby 2010trojan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm

For undergraduate degree granting institution of the common info form it has a spot for rank. i'm not so sure USC ranks, or else i don't know where to find it. any help?

rostovru

same same

Postby rostovru » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:54 pm

I'm also a USC grad. No rank listed on the transcript...

However, the CAS report includes rank, so I'm assuming LSAC's considering our numbers against the overall reported stats of a respected class. No proof, though...

r6_philly

Re: same same

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:21 am

the percentile rank is the rank among all the USC students who registered for LSDAS and had transcripts submitted during the years you attended USC. Not the overall school rank.

im_blue

Re: same same

Postby im_blue » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:51 am

r6_philly wrote:the percentile rank is the rank among all the USC students who registered for LSDAS and had transcripts submitted during the years you attended USC. Not the overall school rank.

+1. The percentile rank listed is probably a bit lower than your overall UG rank, since those with low GPAs are less likely to apply to law school.

Perch

Re: Find your rank in college? Any USC do this before?

Postby Perch » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:21 am

2010trojan wrote:For undergraduate degree granting institution of the common info form it has a spot for rank. i'm not so sure USC ranks, or else i don't know where to find it. any help?

I' d just call USC and ask someone in the registrar...On your transcript there is the band that has what rank your GPA puts you based on grade distribution, right?

YCrevolution

Postby YCrevolution » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:30 am

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:32 am

2010trojan wrote:For undergraduate degree granting institution of the common info form it has a spot for rank. i'm not so sure USC ranks, or else i don't know where to find it. any help?

Check to see if any of the law school applications actually ask for it. The only application I've seen that asks for rank (out of the maybe 12 apps I've looked over) is Stanford.

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 11:59 am

Bildungsroman wrote:

Check to see if any of the law school applications actually ask for it. The only application I've seen that asks for rank (out of the maybe 12 apps I've looked over) is Stanford.

I filled it out on multiple apps, although I don't remember which ones. I think most said class rank if known. You can ask your department chair for the rank (I did just to make sure).

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”