Anyone have a PS that sounds more like a DS?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
2010trojan

Anyone have a PS that sounds more like a DS?

Postby 2010trojan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 10:11 pm

Is this a problem? When I sit down and think about what would capture my interest in the law while showing what type of person I am the most, it always leads to my diverse upbringing.... which would be perfect for a DS.

What'd yall do, just submit the DS sounding PS and no separate DS, or did you write a PS that had nothing to do with your diversity?

DearCan

Re: Anyone have a PS that sounds more like a DS?

Postby DearCan » Tue Oct 26, 2010 11:35 pm

Write the PS that highlights your diversity if that leads directly to your interest in law school. Try to find a different direction to take your diversity for a DS. There's nothing wrong with showing your diversity in both. Just my $0.02. :D

r6_philly

Re: Anyone have a PS that sounds more like a DS?

Postby r6_philly » Wed Oct 27, 2010 12:20 am

My PS is about my life and adversities, which really is what they look for in a DS. It was purely a DS last year (even though I also wrote a separate DS). I rewrote it this year to include connection to law, but it's still the same topic. I don't really see anything wrong with it, unless you have a more compelling topic to write about. Who am I can't be conveyed sufficiently through my application and the space allowed for a DS, so it's most compelling for me to write what I wrote.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”