Sufficient Work Experience for Northwestern?

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
Dr. Strangelove

Sufficient Work Experience for Northwestern?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:38 pm

I've been thinking of what I possibly want to do after college (besides law school).
I have a real estate license and have been thinking of working full-time as a real estate agent along with doing SAT prep [and LSAT- if December goes well] for a test prep company after graduating.
Regardless of any other stats, is this work experience Northwestern would be happy with?

CanadianWolf

Re: Sufficient Work Experience for Northwestern?

Postby CanadianWolf » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:39 pm

My understanding is that almost any type of work experience satisfies Northwestern's work experience "preference/requirement".

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:46 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:My understanding is that almost any type of work experience satisfies Northwestern's work experience "preference/requirement".

Sweet!
Depending on my LSAT, I think that this might be one of my more fun and smarter ways to getting into one of my top choices.

bk1

Postby bk1 » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:20 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:My understanding is that almost any type of work experience satisfies Northwestern's work experience "preference/requirement".

The only thing that I think are "requirements" for it are being postgrad and full time.

bdubs

Postby bdubs » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:29 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I've been thinking of what I possibly want to do after college (besides law school).
I have a real estate license and have been thinking of working full-time as a real estate agent along with doing SAT prep [and LSAT- if December goes well] for a test prep company after graduating.
Regardless of any other stats, is this work experience Northwestern would be happy with?

The only thing that i have seen with regards to this is a comment from DVZ that they prefer the work not be legal (i.e. not a paralegal position).

r6_philly

Postby r6_philly » Thu Oct 28, 2010 7:41 pm

bk1 wrote:

The only thing that I think are "requirements" for it are being postgrad and full time.

I have 10+ years of pre-grad experience (and 4 months of post), they are counting it... I think just have to be serious, professional positions.

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”