3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you? Forum

(Applications Advice, Letters of Recommendation . . . )
AUC2MIC

New

3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you?

Post by AUC2MIC » Tue Oct 26, 2010 5:58 pm

I currently have LORs from 3 professors and I'm having a hard time deciding which 2 to send... I have worked with the three in different capacities and I feel like the LORs would complement each other...
Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

vicuna

Bronze

Re: 3 LORs... Is there any chance that it will HURT you?

Post by vicuna » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:01 pm

AUC2MIC wrote: Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?
No, but unless they each add something unique, consider saving one to send for waitlists.

andyj11419

New

Post by andyj11419 » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:03 pm

AUC2MIC wrote:I currently have LORs from 3 professors and I'm having a hard time deciding which 2 to send... I have worked with the three in different capacities and I feel like the LORs would complement each other...
Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?

I don't think so. Many admission deans I have spoke to said no more than three. Anything more than three is overdoing it.

neptunestar

New

Post by neptunestar » Tue Oct 26, 2010 6:04 pm

vicuna wrote:
AUC2MIC wrote: Do you guys feel that there's a chance sending more than 2 could hurt someone's application to any significant extent (assuming they are all good letters)?
No, but unless they each add something unique, consider saving one to send for waitlists.
Good idea. When/If you do send off this 3rd LOR to a waitlist school is it through LSAC service once again? How does that work?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Law School Admissions Forum”